|Title:||Communications Director, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Tribal Center|
|Supervisor:||Executive Director of Programs|
|Closing Date:||December 21, 2023|
|Rate of Pay:||$69,240.53 - $86,550.66 per year|
The Communications Director is responsible for public relations and marketing communications for the Band, and serves as the direct contact for communications-related inquiries.
- Manage the Band’s social media accounts.
- Coordinate internal communications with Band members and employees.
- Serve as the spokesperson for the Band with media.
- Act as the liaison between Band departments and the Band’s PR Agency or agencies.
- Develop, present, and implement communications plans for the Band.
- Provide communications counsel for various Band departments.
- Ensures budgets are managed and maintained optimally.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience in Corporate or government Communications and a bachelor’s degree in Communications/Public Relations is required.
- Must possess strong writing, editing, and public speaking skills.
- Experience utilizing Cision/Vocus or comparable SaaS is required.
- Public Information Officer or related experience in large corporate or government communications is preferred.
- Ability to supervise and direct assigned staff including monitoring and evaluating work performance, interviewing and hiring staff, conducting training and development, establishing work priorities and scheduling job tasks is required.
- Demonstrated experience with budget management is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Ability to be licensed by the Fond du Lac Compliance department for a Class A Gaming License to work in and around Casino properties and facilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
- Some travel may be required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720