|Title:||Community Events and Program Activities Specialist, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Supportive Housing|
|Supervisor:||Social Services Coordinator|
|Closing Date:||August 23, 2019|
Assist with clerical and office work as well as coordinate community and programmatic activities at the Supportive Housing site. This worker will also serve some receptionist responsibilities.
- Develop, organize, schedule and market community support and educational activities for Fond du Lac Supportive Housing clients.
- Plan for the set up and take down for all community events. Maintain a monthly calendar of events.
- Serve as the scheduling contact for the Supportive Housing Community Room.
- Inform Supportive Housing clients of other events taking place in the community through newsletters, mailers, bulletin boards and/or the calendar.
- Organize and schedule events in coordination with Fond du Lac Community Center and staff.
- Collaborate with other Supportive Housing workers in the development and implementation of community events.
- Perform reception duties by answering phones and responding to requests for basic Supportive Housing information and applications materials.
- Assists Supportive Housing workers with basic clerical work including filing, ordering supplies, copying and mailing.
- Transport clients to medical and social service appointments when no other means of transportation is available.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Class D Driver’s License is required and must be insurable under Fond du Lac’s insurance requirements.
- AA Degree in social services or related field is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Professional clerical experience is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720