|Title:||Certification Worker, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Food Distribution|
|Closing Date:||July 8, 2020|
|Salary:||$17.00 per hour|
Serves clients by welcoming and assisting with application process, ensuring client eligibility and inputs clients monthly food orders in the software system.
- Greet applicants and give out applications for the Food Distribution program.
- Assist applicants with application process as necessary.
- Review application and verify all required information for eligibility and certification per program requirements.
- Ensure client eligibility per program requirements.
- Perform Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Benefit Verification as needed.
- Learn and utilize all critical manual and computerized Food Distribution filing and data base systems including but not limited to entering client food orders, placing multi-truck and fresh food orders and inventory.
- Assists with placing multi truck and food orders upon request. Assists with maintaining food inventory upon request.
- Provide assistance for unloading and loading of commodities.
- Provide outreach services as requested.
- Assist in gathering information for monthly or quarterly United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and Reservation Business Committee (RBC) reports as needed.
- Assists in training new employees.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department meetings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 35 pounds is required.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing, pulling are required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather conditions.
- Class D Driver’s License is required.
- High school diploma or GED is preferred.
- Complete Food and Nutrition Services (FNS) On-Line Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservation (FDPIR) Household Certification Training Course.
- Knowledge of word processing and computer input and retrieval is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Travel is required.
This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefit plan, which includes medical, dental, retirement, optional life insurance, optional disability coverage and more. For detailed information please click here.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720