|Title:||Employee Background Investigator, Full Time|
|Supervisor:||Director of Employee Compliance|
|Closing Date:||April 16, 2021|
Conduct background investigations for those applicants, employees, and others subject to Fond du Lac Ordinance #13/94.
- Performs background investigations, to include but not limited to; employees, volunteers, interns, foster care, contracts, site placements, Corp workers, day care, and respite care providers through the following methods:
- Contacts former employers and character references to verify employment record(s) and review personal background of applicants.
- Examines city directories and public records to review the residential and legal histories of applicants.
- Obtains and reviews credit reports of applicants as directed.
- Performs criminal history investigations of applicants in coordination with federal, state and local law enforcement agencies.
- Fingerprints applicants and processes fingerprint data through the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- Analyzes information gathered by investigation and prepares a report of findings and recommendations for the Reservation Business Committee.
- Track employee petitions process and inform appropriate parties of procedures and timelines.
- Tracks, maintains, and conducts annual background checks due.
- Audit files for updates needed.
- Maintain manual and electronic file system for background checks.
- Notifies appropriate Division Directors of violations on background check for employees.
- Travels to local agencies during work hours to complete background information.
- Performs drug testing functions in accordance with policy when needed or as directed.
- Administers the rehabilitation process under the child related regulations for applicants with prohibitory crimes.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records of employees and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- ue to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Class D Driver’s License required.
- High School Diploma or GED is required. A.A or A.A.S is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting background investigations is required.
- Drug and Alcohol Testing certification is required; if not certified at the time of hire must become certified within 90-days of hire and must maintain certification for the duration of employment. Training will be provided.
- Local Agency Security Officer Certification is required; if not certified at the time of hire must become certified within 90-days of hire and must maintain certification for the duration of employment. Training will be provided.
- Adjudication training is required; if not certified at the time of hire must become certified within 90-days of hire and must maintain certification for the duration of employment. Training will be provided.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, data bases and/or data entry, spreadsheets, and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Competency in report writing is required.
- Strict adherence to confidentiality in accordance with Federal Privacy Act and Band policy is required.
- Ability to obtain a gaming identification badge to work in and around Casino property and facilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Travel is required.
This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefit plan, which includes medical, dental, retirement, optional life insurance, optional disability coverage and more. For detailed information please click here.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720