|Title:||Art Teacher, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Ojibwe School|
|Closing Date:||Open Until Filled|
Teaches course in Art to secondary students and middle school students as specified in state law and the school board and appropriate curriculum publications as guidelines in teaching individual course content.
- Instructs pupils in basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district and Minnesota graduation standards.
- Adapts Art material and methods to develop relevant sequential assignments that guide and challenge students.
- Selects and requisitions books and instructional aids appropriate to the interests and maturity levels of students; maintains required inventory records.
- Adapts the curriculum to provide individual, small group, or remedial instruction to meet the needs of the individual student.
- Develops instructional plans and organizes class time to provide a balanced program of instruction, demonstration and working time.
- Encourages students to think independently and express original ideas.
- Evaluates each student’s progress in Art knowledge and skills.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to provide an orderly and productive studio environment.
- Communicates in appropriate manner with parents and school counselor on student progress.
- Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives.
- Maintains accurate daily records of student’s attendance and periodic grading.
- Supervises students in out-of-classroom activities as assigned.
- Participates in curriculum and other developmental programs.
- Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the school and/or in self-selected professional growth activities.
- Actively advocate and demonstrate appropriate adult child interactions.
- Maintains professional standards toward creating confidential relationship with all program participants and staff.
- Maintain a professional relationship with all staff and community members.
- Participates in all education programs including local and regional in-service training, advisory committee, and community education meetings as directed.
- Routine classroom cleaning/maintenance to ensure a safe, clean and secure learning environment for all students.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Appropriate Minnesota certification – art; such alternatives as the board may find appropriate and acceptable is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish work priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Subject to pre-employment, post accident, return to duty, follow-up, and random drug testing.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Some travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720