|Title:||Operations Manager, FDL Communications, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Tribal Center|
|Supervisor:||Tribal Enterprises Executive Director|
|Closing Date:||August 9, 2019|
The Operations Lead/Supervisor/Manager is responsible for Fond du Lac Communications Fiber to the Home (FTTH) telecommunications and technology operations, initiatives and project management. The Operations Manager plays an integral role in the FTTH support, technology and future growth.
- Plans, organizes, and directs the implementation and support of the fiber to the home telecommunications and technology operations and related projects.
- Directs management and support for telecommunication and technology operational areas and assigned resources. These areas include: sales, marketing, customer service, billing, inside and outside plant maintenance and operations, network support, and subscriber services.
- Supervise, hire, train, and evaluate telecommunications staff to ensure seamless execution of departmental policies, procedures and customer satisfaction.
- Performs within the parameters set by RBC authority including mission, policies, planning, budgets and executive management.
- Performs and assists with project management as requested or assigned.
- Routinely reports operations performance using statistical measuring and reporting method.
- Reviews completed projects to ensure that operational objectives are met.
- Supports the preparation and filing of required telecommunication reports and filings.
- Interacts with RBC in developing strategies, goals, and action plans.
- Involved in the planning, evaluation and implementation of products and systems to improve network and telecommunications reliability, throughput, and productivity.
- Works with others to identify trends and help implement strategies to assure sustainability and growth for FDL Communications.
- Manages telecommunications daily operations to ensure the FTTH network is operating at peak performance.
- Manages daily network operations center to ensure expected customer service levels are being met.
- Ensures proper installation, maintenance, upgrade and operations of fiber optic systems and supporting facilities.
- Responsible for most planning, ordering, coordination and support of daily operations.
- Helps prepare and administer departmental budgets.
- Ensures meet customer expectations and service level agreements.
- Coordinates and maintains customer service contracts and vendor maintenance agreements.
- Implements changes to processes, policies, and metrics, designed to facilitate the improvement of network performance.
- Ensures proper and timely support and resolution for typical and emergency related telecommunications issues.
- Balances managerial roles/responsibilities with direct service to members.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- A.A. or A.A S with a concentration in telecommunications, engineering, technology, computer science, business or related fields is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 7 years’ experience in telecommunications and technology, with 5 years’ experience in related supervision/project management is required.
- Experience in operating and managing subscriber based cable or fiber to the home networks is preferred.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include work processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, management and leadership skills is required.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret trends and implement solutions is required.
- Demonstrated balance between “hard” (e.g. IT) and “soft” (e.g. member relations) skills is required.
- Demonstrated proficiencies in technology infrastructure and business/human resources processes is required.
- Must live within two hours of the reservation.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720