|Title:||Alcohol & Drug Counselor (ADC) I, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Human Services|
|Rate of Pay:||$18.00 to $20.70 per hour|
ADC I will work directly under an approved ADC III or higher to provide outpatient drug and alcohol counseling to clients of the Fond du Lac Human Services co-occurring outpatient chemical dependency programs. ADC I will assist with group education, help clients achieve treatment plan goals and complete assignments. ADC I will assist in support group activates both in the facility and community as directed.
- May conduct State of Minnesota Rule 25 Assessments, authorizing chemical dependency treatment if appropriate course work is completed and under an ADC III or higher or Rule 25 Assessor.
- All clinical work and documentation will be under approved direct supervision of an ADC III or higher.
- Perform basic client education groups and assist in recovery support groups for clients and community members.
- Provide follow-up services for individual clients transitioning into the Fond du Lac Human Services Outpatient Treatment Program.
- Assist in developing and maintaining appropriate educational materials for clients.
- Participate on the client’s treatment team and collaborate with the treatment team members to promote the client’s recovery plan.
- Submit required reports to all appropriate parties.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Must be currently enrolled in and working towards a two year degree in Human Services, Chemical Health or related field. Must have completed sufficient course work to provide education and basic counseling under direct supervision of an ADC III or higher.
- Must obtain a Fond du Lac Reservation ADC I license within 6 months of hire.
- Must be CPR certified; if not currently certified must become CPR certified within 6 months of hire is required and must maintain CPR certification for duration of employment.
- Must complete Fond du Lac NARCAN training within 6 months of hire.
- If chemically dependent, must be free of use for at least two (2) years and able to document length of sobriety, and continued sobriety is required.
- Ability to maintain healthy boundaries with clients.
- Some group work experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Operations may consist of shift work; seven days a week and on holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
- Travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720