|Title:||Rule 25 Assessor, Full Time|
|Supervisor:||Substance Use Disorder Coordinator|
|Closing Date:||December 12, 2018|
The Rule 25 Assessor is responsible for working closely with the Rule 25 Clerk to schedule people that are referred for assessments and to determine the level of need of each person. Having knowledge of local and regional resources is necessary to make recommendations to address the identified needs. The Assessor will also communicate often with individuals who hold information regarding the referred person as well as making calls to other organizations to learn of availability of space for treatment placements or to inquire about specific services.
- Conduct State of Minnesota Rule 25 Assessments authorizing chemical dependency treatment.
- Follow the Fond du Lac Human Services requirements for assessments, placements and documentation.
- Arrange for funding following state and federal guidelines for placement of clients in treatment facilities.
- Provide/arrange for follow-up services for individuals completing chemical dependency treatment.
- Refer clients to appropriate agencies/providers.
- Work with individuals and families to develop appropriate chemical dependency service plans.
- Provide appropriate education materials for staff and community.
- Provide community outreach as needed.
- Coordinate monthly sobriety feast.
- Provide consultation to other Fond du Lac Human Services.
- Submit required reports to all appropriate parties.
- Attend Human Services staff meetings as directed.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements
- Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC) or Upper Midwest Indian Counselor for Alcohol Drugs (UMICAD) equivalent or 30 hours of approved training and supervision to conduct Rule 25 Assessments is required.
- Two years counseling experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Must be free of chemical use problems for at least 2 years immediately preceding hire and must sign a statement attesting to that fact.
- Position requires on call availability.
- Operations consist of shift work; seven days a week and on holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720