|Title:||Maintenance I, Full Time|
|Closing Date:||Open Until Filled|
Performs general repair and maintenance duties in regard to carpentry, painting, plumbing, and electrical systems. Performs maintenance to established schedules and procedures. Checks and makes minor repairs on general plumbing systems, and fixtures such as pipes, valves, toilets, sinks, and drains. Performs preventive maintenance in regard to plumbing, electrical, HVAC, furniture, doors, windows, hardware, and repairs as necessary. Reports any malfunctioning or dangerous equipment. Repairs when able to do so. This position is also responsible for all custodial duties required within an assigned area to insure clean, safe, healthful conditions in all spaces of the assigned area at all times, as well as assisting in the safety, security and operation of the Human Services buildings.
- Performs grounds maintenance duties as requested (i.e., snow removal, grass mowing, and trimming, etc.).
- Follow security reporting procedures.
- Monitor and evaluate areas and building security.
- Practice safety precautions and monitor safety within facility area.
- Perform routing errands for the Human Services Division, which may require driving.
- Inventory cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Perform lifting and moving duties up to 100 pounds.
- Perform maintenance activities up to a height of 25 feet for changing light fixtures, high dusting, washing windows or walls, and painting.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing and pulling are required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 100 pounds is required. Manual dexterity is required.
- Knowledge of security procedures, reporting procedures, maintenance machinery, cleaning supplies and solutions, and maintenance procedures are required.
- Working knowledge of motors, pumps, HVAC, plumbing, electric, carpentry and furniture repair is required.
- Skilled with hand and power tools is required.
- Knowledge of preventive maintenance requirements for a wide variety of equipment and systems is desired.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Class D Driver’s License is required and must be insurable under Fond du Lac’s insurance requirements.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720