|Title:||Security Guard/Dispatch, Full Time|
|Closing Date:||Permanent Posting|
- Examines and becomes familiar with every part of assigned areas and reports all obstructions or issues that endanger the safety of the public and employees at the Fond du Luth Casino.
- Patrols assigned area to prevent crime; protect company assets and property; report any disturbances, violations of law; suspicious activity or persons, and assist the public.
- Prepares necessary reports relating to all incidents encountered in a manner acceptable for outside distribution.
- Dispatches security personnel to key areas of the Casino through phone and radio communications.
- Maintains peace and order at all entrances.
- Maintains a special awareness for fires and other safety hazards.
- Evaluates emergency measures for evacuation of assigned areas.
- Administers first aid as necessary.
- Reports any disorderly patrons.
- Reports all accidents, incidents and unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Reports employee theft, unusual behavior, or irregularities.
- Performs video surveillance to observe and identify security risks and possible area of loss.
- Maintains security video surveillance, phone and radio communications.
- Responsible for the notification of local law enforcement agencies and medical agencies during emergency situations at the Casino.
- Submits all reports to Security Manager and ensures that Security Manager is aware and informed of all situations.
- Provides general patrol of assigned area of the interior and the exterior property of the Casino.
- Prevents unauthorized admittance of alcoholic beverages on the premises of the Casino.
- Protects money areas and executive offices.
- Properly identifies all employees entering money areas.
- Provides escort services as needed.
- Maintains crowd control.
- Monitors special activities.
- Department uniform is required and provided to the employee, which must be worn during scheduled work hours unless prior arrangements have been made with management.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Must attend all required Title 31 and/or SARC trainings.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs is required.
- Prolonged standing and walking, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing, pulling are required.
- Subject to inside and outside environment conditions, including work in a smoking environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to work with the public is required.
- Ability to communicate and supervise areas and groups of people and to act responsibly in an emergency situation is preferred.
- Training in emergency first aid is preferred.
- Previous experience as a Security Officer is preferred.
- Must meet the age requirements of the Minnesota Chippewa Tribe Liquor Ordinance.
- Alcohol Awareness Training is required and will be provided.
- Operations are conducted seven days a week; 24 hours a day; and on holidays.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject pre-employment and annual background checks.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
129 East Superior Street
Duluth, Minnesota 55802