|Title:||Youth Room Attendant, Full/Part Time|
|Closing Date:||Permanent Posting|
|Salary:||$12.00 per hour|
|Contact:||Alfredo Casco Calderon, Phone: 218-878-2344|
Responsible for achieving and maintaining an exceptional standard of cleanliness throughout the guest rooms of the Hotel.
- Perform routine duties in the cleaning and serving of any area which may be assigned, according to established procedures, and supplies area with items which are required for the convenience and comfort of the guest.
- Makes beds neatly with fresh sheets and pillow cases. Picks up floors, removes and empties trash in waste baskets, cleans mirror and shelves, wipes door frames and furniture with damp cloth, dusts light fixtures, window sills and baseboards, and arranges furniture properly.
- Cleans bathroom, scrubbing basin, bathtub, toilet and tile floor with damp rage and detergent.
- Completes cleaning by disinfecting surfaces.
- Replenishes supplies, places clean towels on racks, places proper quantities of glasses, stationary, soap and tissue in the room.
- Reports to the housekeeper supervisor all rooms vacated and cleaned, rooms occupied and cleaned, and any unusual conditions of furniture or rooms needing repair.
- Operates a vacuum sweeper.
- Department uniform is required and provided to the employee, which must be work during scheduled work hours unless prior arrangements have been made with management.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Must attend all required Title 31 and/or SAR trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees and/or clients.
- Operations are conducted seven days a week; 24 hours a day; and on holidays.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds is required.
- Prolonged walking and standing, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling are required.
- Ability to work with cleaning chemicals is required.
- Subject to inside environmental conditions, including work in a smoking environment.
- Youth employment status requires a youth not younger than 16 years of age and be in attendance of a high school or equivalent high school program. If a youth turns 19 while in high school or in an equivalent high school program, he or she may continue as a youth employee until the final school year is completed. Once the final school year is complete, the employee's status will change to a Part Time Room Attendant.
- Ability to work without direct supervision is required.
- Knowledge of cleanliness standards is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation's Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718