|Title:||Steakhouse Host/Hostess, Full Time|
|Closing Date:||August 17, 2018|
|Contact:||Tenase McClay, Phone: (218) 878-2348|
- Greets arriving guests. Inquires about the number in the party, smoking or non-smoking desires, and shows guests to their table, offering menus and other information as necessary.
- Interacts with and develops rapport with the customers and responds to questions.
- Monitors the restaurant area to ensure smooth operation and customer satisfaction.
- Assists waitstaff and bus persons as necessary. May be required to prepare and serve alcoholic beverages to customers, as needed.
- Strictly follows State of Minnesota guidelines for the checking of identification of customers who appears to be under 21 years of age. Follows serving guidelines for intoxicated customers and advises the manager on duty if the customer appears to be under the excessive influence for a determination as to the continued service of alcohol.
- Accepts payment from customers. Operates cash register. Makes change. Completes necessary documentation for fund accountability.
- Recognizes that employees have certain personal responsibilities which affect the operational efficiency of the Casino.
- Maintains proper attendance in accordance with Casino policy. Reports to work on time in accordance with Casino policy. Provides adequate notice to supervisor prior to absence or lateness in accordance with Casino policy.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Casino, and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of every person (visitors, co-workers).
- Must attend all required Title 31 and/or SAR trainings.
- Due to changes and modifications in your job from time to time, we require employees to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management sees the necessity. Some assignments may not be listed in this description at this time.
- Prolonged standing and walking is required.
- Some lifting and carrying up to 20 pounds may be required.
- Subject to inside environmental conditions, including work in a smoking environment
- Ability to relate well and amicably with a friendly, professional, and outgoing personality is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally is required.
- Ability to work independently while maintaining a close communication with other staff is required.
- Incumbent is subject to bonding, security checks and other pre-employment screening requirements.
- Skills in cash handling and the ability to count moneys accurately are required.
- Must meet the age requirement of Minnesota Chippewa Tribe Liquor Ordinance.
- Alcohol Awareness Training is required and will be provided.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718