|Title:||Sous Chef, Full Time|
|Closing Date:||September 24, 2021|
|Rate of Pay:||$15.00 - $21.50 per hour|
|Contact:||Tenase McClay, Phone: 218-878-2348|
- Provides guests of the Black Bear Casino dining facilities with great food served attractively, in a prompt efficient, cost effective manner.
- Works with the Head Chef, dining room staff and kitchen staff to ensure only the freshest, highest quality foods are served in an attractive manner.
- Maintains food cost control. Maintains kitchen labor cost control. Maintains cost control on dry items (paper, chemicals, etc).
- Works with the purchasing agent to achieve and maintain proper inventory levels.
- Keeps open lines of communication with other staff with regard to food quality menu, selection, service standards and par levels.
- Ensures the cleanliness of all kitchen areas.
- Supervises the kitchen staff to include, evaluating performance, determining training needs, disciplining, etc.
- Recognizes that employees have certain personal responsibilities which affect the operational efficiency of the casino.
- Maintains proper attendance with casino policy.
- Must attend all required Title 31 and/or SAR trainings.
- Reports to work on time in accordance with casino policy. Provides adequate notice to supervisor prior to absences or lateness in accordance with casino policy.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the casino, and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of every person (visitors, co-workers).
- Due to changes and modifications in your job from time to time, we require employees to be flexible and assume other position responsibilities assigned by management as management sees the necessity. Some assignments may not be listed in this description at this time.
- Prolonged standing and walking is required.
- Bending, stooping, lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds is required.
- All employees shall thoroughly wash hands and arms with soap and water before starting work and wash hands during work hours as often as may be required to remove soil and contamination as well as after visiting the washroom.
- Subject to inside environmental conditions, including working in a smoking environment.
- Should demonstrate experience as a cook; or associate’s degree or equivalent from a two year college or technical school in a cooking program or a combination of related experience and education is required.
- Knowledge of cleanliness and sanitation standards for food serving is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively is required.
- Knowledge of personal cleanliness standards and ability to conform to good hygienic practices is required.
- Strong customer service skills are required.
- Mathematical ability is required.
- Skill in menu planning and volume food preparation is required.
- Knowledge of cost and funding control procedure and skill in the maintenance and control expenditures to ensure limitations are observed is desired.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Incumbent is subject to bonding, security checks, and other pre-employment screening requirements.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718