|Title:||Security Guard/Dispatch, Full/Part Time|
|Closing Date:||Permanent Posting|
|Salary:||$13.00 per hour|
|Contact:||Alfredo Casco Calderon, Phone: 218-878-2344|
- Examines and becomes familiar with every part of assigned area and reports all obstructions or issues that endanger the safety of the public and employees at the Black Bear Casino Resort.
- Patrols assigned areas to prevent crime, protect company assets and property, report any disturbances, violations of the law; any suspicious activity or persons, and assists the public.
- Prepares necessary reports, relating to all incidents encountered, in a manner acceptable for outside distribution.
- Dispatches security personnel as assigned to key areas of the Black Bear Casino Resort complex and hotel through phone and radio communications.
- Maintains peace and order at all entrances.
- Maintains a special awareness of fire and other safety hazards.
- Evaluates emergency measures for evacuation of assigned areas.
- Administers first aid as necessary.
- Reports any disorderly patrons.
- Reports all accidents, incidents and unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Reports employee theft, unusual behavior or irregularities.
- Performs traffic control duty when necessary.
- Performs video surveillance to observe and identify security risks and possible area of loss.
- Maintains security video surveillance, phone and radio communications.
- Responsible for the notification of local law enforcement agencies and medical agencies during emergency situations at the Casino.
- Submits all reports to Security Floor Supervisor and Security Manager; ensures that Security Floor Supervisors are aware and informed of all situations.
- Provides general patrol of assigned area of the interior of casino and hotel.
- Prevents unauthorized admittance of alcoholic beverages on the premises of the casino.
- Protects money areas and executive offices.
- Properly identifies all employees entering money areas.
- Provides money escort services.
- Maintains crowd control.
- Monitors special activities.
- Department uniform is required and provided to the employee, which must be worn during scheduled work hours unless prior arrangements have been made with management.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings. Must attend all required Title 31 and/or SAR trainings.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing, pulling are required.
- Subject to inside environmental conditions, including work in a smoking environment.
- Ability to work with the public is required.
- Ability to communicate and supervise areas and groups of people and to act responsibly in an emergency situation is preferred.
- Training in emergency first aid is preferred.
- Previous experience as a Security Officer is preferred.
- Operations are conducted seven days a week; 24 hours a day; and on holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718