|Title:||Lead Groundskeeper, Full Time|
|Closing Date:||September 17, 2021|
|Rate of Pay:||$13.00 - $18.50 per hour|
|Contact:||Tenase McClay, Phone (218) 878-2348|
Responsible for grounds upkeep, snow removal, and maintenance of Casino and Hotel parking lots. In the absence of the Grounds Manager, assumes responsibility of the Grounds Department.
- Operates machinery to include but not limited to loaders, backhoes, snowplows, graders, etc. Operates mowers, trimmers, and hand tools in maintenance and repair operations.
- Trims trees, plants trees, landscapes, and keeps grounds in good physical condition. Possesses knowledge of fertilization and planting.
- Supervise ground keepers in the absence of Grounds Manager, is responsible for providing work direction and training to grounds keepers.
- Assists Grounds Manager in the selection and retention of subordinates, scheduling and discipline.
- Maintains records system of department activities in the absence of the Grounds Manager. Logs all necessary information and informs Grounds Manager as necessary. Reviews Groundskeeper reports to ensure proper reporting, procedures, etc. Ensures that reports pertaining to incidents are suitable for outside distribution.
- Responsible for all maintenance fleet vehicle (vans, trucks, plows, etc.) logs, in conjunction with the Grounds Manager. Obtains the driver license number from any employee who is operating any of the fleet vehicles. Submits the driver license number to the Reservation Business Committee representative for license check and inclusion of driver on insurance policies. May spot check for license from employee.
- Visually inspects all fleet vehicles to ensure they are being operated correctly.
- Schedules workloads, plans projects, works with contractors and vendors, and maintains logs in the absence of the Grounds Manager.
- Reads blueprints.
- Delivers and picks up supplies.
- Department uniform is required and provided to the employee, which must be worn during scheduled work hours unless prior arrangements have been made with management.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Must attend all required Title 31 and/or SAR trainings.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required.
- Walking, standing, running, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing, pulling are required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather conditions.
- Two years experience in parking lot, grounds maintenance, and landscaping is required.
- One year experience in the managing or supervising of others is desired.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Experience in the use of power and hand tools effectively and safely is required.
- Ability to trim trees, cut lawns, landscape, and snowplow, shovel walks, and otherwise keep grounds in good physical condition is required.
- Operations consist of shift work; seven days a week and on holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718