|Title:||Hotel Maintenance Worker, Full Time|
|Closing Date:||Open Until Filled|
|Rate of Pay:||$13.00 - $21.50 per hour|
|Contact:||Tenase McClay, Phone: 218-878-2348|
The Maintenance worker position carries out preventative and corrective maintenance duties on Hotel properties.
- Performs general repair and maintenance duties in regard to carpentry, painting, plumbing, and electrical systems.
- Performs in-room maintenance according to established schedules and procedures.
- Assists in general errands and housekeeping duties as needed.
- Repairs furniture and structures such as cabinets, tables, chairs, doors, windows, bed frames, dressers, and counters.
- Does elementary painting and finishing of furniture and structure.
- Checks electrical systems such as refrigeration controls, television and cable/satellite, lighting, and makes repairs as necessary.
- Checks and makes minor repairs on general plumbing systems and fixtures such as pipe lines, toilets, tubs, sinks, and drains.
- Performs preventive and in-room maintenance in regard to plumbing, electrical hardware, and furniture.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area wherever the work area may be (i.e. shop, room, public space, etc.).
- Reports any malfunctioning or dangerous equipment or situations. Repairs when able to do so.
- Cleans carpeting and floors as requested.
- Performs necessary errands as requested.
- Responds to guest assistance in need of rollaways, luggage, etc.
- Assists in the security of guests and assets of the hotel. Must be familiar with emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Ensures that sidewalks are clean and clear of debris and snow.
- Applies Icemelt to walkways as needed during the winter months.
- Assists in maintenance of the pool and whirlpool.
- Department uniform is required and provided to the employee, which must be worn during scheduled work hours unless prior arrangements have been made with management.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Must attend all Title 31 or SAR trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing and pulling are required.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required.
- Manual dexterity is required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in a smoking environment.
- Working knowledge of motors, pumps, HVAC, plumbing, electric, carpentry and furniture repair is required.
- Skills with tools are required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Knowledge of preventive maintenance requirements for a wide variety of equipment and systems is desired.
- Ability to work on call is required.
- Knowledge of pool and whirlpool maintenance is desired.
- Operations are conducted seven days a week; 24 hours a day and on holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Some travel may be required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718