|Title:||Human Resources Manager, Full Time|
|Supervisor:||Human Resources Director|
|Closing Date:||September 25, 2023|
|Rate of Pay:||DOQ|
|Contact:||Human Resources, Phone: 218 878-2340|
Supervises and monitors daily activities of the Human Resourcew staff to ensure processes are completed in an accurate and timely manner by providing work direction and training. Assist the Human Resources Director in planning, developing, directing, and administering a Human Resources program.
- Analyzes and modifies compensation policies and procedures to establish competitive programs, evaluates potential incentive or merit pay adjustments in collaboration with the department Directors and the Human Resources Director.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of all position descriptions for exiting, new and future job positions; ensuring they are classified correctly, based on appropriate regulatory guidelines.
- Monitors all application processes and ensures all policies and procedures are followed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Reports any areas of concern in regards to procedures and processes for daily work flow to the Human Resources Director.
- Ensures the screening and interview selection processes are handled in accordance with policy and procedure by the Human Resources Staff to which it is assigned.
- Present hire recommendations to the Reservation Business Committee.
- Monitors the accuracy of personnel action forms.
- Monitors Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) for accuracy and make any recommendations for improvements as needed.
- Maintains, establishes, and updates Human Resources records in accordance with any applicable regulations and makes recommendations as needed; ensure the confidentiality of those records.
- Ensures Human Resources staff is receiving training.
- Conducts periodic file audit.
- Monitors and prepares an annual operating budget for the Human Resources department, in collaboration with the Human Resources Director.
- Supervises the Human Resources Department, including the selection and retention of Human Resources staff, cross training, approving and disapproving leave requests, evaluating performance, determining training needs, scheduling, disciplining, etc., in collaboration with the Human Resources Director.
- Assists the Human Resources Director in developing a comprehensive human resources program including but not limited to writing job descriptions, pay administration, placement and recruitment, employee management relations, and employee services (benefit administration, etc.).
- Counsel, advise, and assists all applicants, employees and management staff on all Human Resources matters.
- Assists with employee related issues by obtaining information, answering questions, reviewing policy and making Human Resources recommendations.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree; five years professional experience in Human Resources; or a combination of education and experience is required.
- Demonstrated supervisory or management experience is required.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate complex wage and compensation data, statistical data, and HRIS systems is required.
- Strong understanding of Human Resources management and organizational development.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, vendors, and the community.
- Strong knowledge of laws, legal codes, governmental regulations, executive orders, and rules in relation to wage administration and classification.
- Competent knowledge of organizational development with excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate with the public and possess strong interpersonal skills and present in a professional demeanor in all interactions.
- Knowledge of policies, procedures, and applicable laws and regulations is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel, and Outlook is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
- Some travel may be required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720