|Title:||Golf Course Youth Groundskeeper, Part Time Seasonal|
|Closing Date:||Permanent Posting|
|Salary:||$10.00 per hour|
|Contact:||Tenase McClay, Phone (218) 878-2348|
The Groundskeeper, under the supervision of the Assistant Golf Course Superintendent or Foreman, will perform routine manual labor involved in golf course maintenance. Do semi-skilled grounds construction and maintenance work, operates small hand-powered equipment, and occasionally perform work involving large equipment such as tractors, loaders and gang mowers. Each groundskeeper may be assigned responsibility for the care and maintenance of several designated holes on the golf course and does related work as directed and needed.
- Participation in this program requires Fond du Lac enrolled youth not younger than 16 years of age and not over 18 years of age as of June 1 of any given season.
- If a youth turns 19 during the season he or she may finish the year.
- The following season he or she must then apply for a regular position if one is available.
- Must be able to work between 15 and 25 hours per week.
- Operates hand mowers and string trimmers in trimming greens, aprons, tees, around trees, fence lines, banks and hillsides, edges cart paths, other edging around clubhouse grounds.
- Rakes and maintains sand and grass bunkers.
- Sets tee markers and cups on greens daily, maintains ball washers.
- Replaces tee towels and flags when needed, removes debris from in and around tees and greens, sands and seeds tee and drop area divots, and cleans flower beds.
- Maintains fuel and fluid levels for all types of equipment on a daily basis, reports equipment problems or failure to the Golf Course Equipment mechanic immediately.
- Returns all equipment to the designated location at the maintenance facility.
- Hand waters and fertilizes tees and fairways.
- Under the direction of the Golf Course Superintendant or the Assistant Golf Course Superintendant, the Groundskeeper marks the course for cart control weekly, moves cart control barriers and replaces worm or lost ropes and signs.
- Helps in project work, assists in the construction and maintenance of greens, tees and fairways, grades and prepares soil base, lays sod, and seeds tees, greens and fairways. Installs forms and lays walks and paths using gravel and asphalt mixes, excavates and backfills ditches and trenches with hand tools, repairs and replaces pipe on irrigation system.
- Will be trained on Triplex mowers.
- Upon qualification on Step 1 Groundskeeper, individual is eligible for promotion to Step 2 Triplex Operator, if position is available.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Physical strength, stamina and agility are required.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing and pulling are required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather conditions.
- Knowledge of methods/materials used in grounds/landscape area construction and maintenance is required.
- Working knowledge of and the ability to use hand and power tools and equipment is required.
- Ability to operate trucks and light motorized equipment is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, work independently, establish work priorities.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Some travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718