|Title:||Golf Ranger/Starter, Full/Part Time Seasonal|
|Closing Date:||Permanent Posting|
|Salary:||$10.00 per hour|
|Contact:||Tenase McClay, Phone (218) 878-2348|
- The ranger/starter is expected to display courtesy, tact, consideration and discretion in all interactions with the customer, visitor and fellow employees.
- We wish to be known for outstanding service and friendliness; therefore, this is top priority in all positions.
- Knowledge of golf and course rules is essential.
- Monitoring customers to maintain speed of play on the golf course, noting the times of start, cart numbers, and providing suggestions to improve speed of play.
- Maintaining good communication with the pro-shop via the radio, notifying them of any potential problems with slow play.
- Notifying course of downed golf carts and assistance with the situation.
- Replace and or fill water buckets for ball washers and club washers.
- Assisting with tournaments.
- Changing tee blocks at the end of the day for the following day, making sure not to change them in the middle of a league.
- Advising pro-shop of potential maintenance problems pertaining to bad areas that need to be addressed by crew.
- Maintaining cleanliness on the course, assisting maintenance staff where appropriate.
- Check water levels and cups at water stations.
- Reporting any complaints from customers directly to Pro-shop and Course Manager.
- Count and calculate in the delivery of change to customers.
- Count inventoried items.
- Usually the ranger/starter is the first person on the course to arrive at an emergency.
- Assist the injured and call the pro-shop with information.
- Fill in divots on the tee boxes or anywhere else it might be needed.
- Help clubhouse staff with deliveries, outside services, or other tasks assigned by the Assistant Managers.
- Must attend all required SAR trainings.
- The Ranger/Starters must be able to stand, sit, bend, reach and lift in the performance of their duties.
- Lift 50 pounds.
- Good vision and coordination required for driving and operating assigned equipment.
- The Ranger/Starter may be required to enter the Casino, which is a smoking environment.
- The Ranger/Starter will be required to work outside in the elements and may be exposed to the weather, pollen, dust and insects.
- Knowledge of golf required.
- Coordination Skills required.
- Demonstrate ability to solve problems.
- Required qualification includes a High School degree.
- A valid drivers License required.
- Basic math skills required.
- Prior work with the public desirable.
- Computer skills preferred.
- Incumbent is subject to bonding, security checks and other pre-employment screening requirements.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718