ASSISTANT GOLF COURSE SUPERINTENDENT
The Assistant Golf Course Superintendent reports directly to the Golf Course Superintendent. Under the Superintendent’s supervision, the assistant Superintendent directs and participates in the maintenance of the golf course tee’s, greens, fairways and cart paths; supervises the maintenance and repair of motorized and other mechanical equipment; and does related work as required. The assistant superintendent may serve in the Superintendent’s capacity during his/her absence.
- Assist in planning and supervising the maintenance of greens, tees and fairways.
- Assist in budget preparation and planning.
- Schedules work and supervise the employees and the use of the equipment.
- Instruct and train equipment operators on the operation and care of mowing and all other equipment.
- Supervises pesticide applications and/or operates and calibrates pesticide application equipment and maintains application records.
- Supervises and participates in the operation and maintenance of pumps, and in the maintenance of irrigation and drainage systems.
- Assist in interviewing, personnel management and evaluation, employee safety, personnel discipline and may modify the daily work schedule based on professional interpretation.
- Department uniform is required and provided to the employee, which must be worn during scheduled work hours unless prior arrangements have been made with management.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Must attend all required Title 31 and/or SARC trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work n time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing, and pulling are required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather conditions.
- Working knowledge of the maintenance of golf course tees, greens, bunkers, and fairways is required.
- Working knowledge of seeding and maintenance practices for golf course turf is required.
- Working knowledge of planting, cultivating, pruning and caring for plants, shrubs and trees is required.
- Working knowledge of the characteristics and proper use of various fertilizers, soil conditioners, herbicides and pest control methods and materials is required.
- Working knowledge of irrigation systems, including wells, pumps and automatic controls is required.
- Ability to schedule and supervise maintenance work to achieve most efficient utilization of workers and equipment is required.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports, and maintain effective employee and public relations is required.
- Current certification or licensing as a pesticide applicator is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Some travel may be required.
HOURS: Shift to be determined upon hire.
TO APPLY: Complete transfer request or application and
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718
|Opening Date: April 12, 2017||Salary: TBD|
|Closing Date: April 26, 2017||FT Positions Available|
Contact Person: Tenase McClay, Phone (218) 878-2348
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE