|Title:||Gift Shop Manager, Full Time|
|Closing Date:||May 5, 2021|
|Contact:||Tenase McClay, Phone: 218 878-2348|
|Salary:||$29,000 - $40,600 per year|
The Gift Shop Manager is responsible for the efficient operation of a quality retail sales operation. Forecasts of volume are prepared and criteria for operating results are established. Plans for the sales promotion and market development are formulated and implemented after general review. Inventory controls are managed and merchandise is purchased under the general concept of markets served and sales potential.
- Supervises daily operations of the gift shop, greets and assists public in selection of gifts and other merchandise; supervises staff also engaged in service to the public, selling and assisting buyers.
- Organizes plan for the display and presentation of merchandise with consideration to established marketing plan and for effective support of sales; changes displays regularly with a consideration to buying audience and season; supervises and works with staff stocking and displaying merchandise.
- Supervises cashiering and receipting the sales of merchandise by cash and charge transactions and performs such duties as required; maintains sales records and makes daily reports.
- Supervises and participates in the monthly inventory of merchandise and stock, extends and prices inventory for use in preparation of the monthly operating statement.
- Serves as buyer, meeting with vendors and product representatives to select marketable goods and gifts appropriate to the potential audience, season of the year and recognized customer demand.
- Maintains product quality levels in conformity with the Black Bear Casino Resort image and audience served.
- Recruits, interviews and selects personnel, provides an organized on-the-job staff training program; keeps records and makes administrative and personnel reports as necessary.
- Supervises and coordinates the work of assigned staff; plans staff work schedules according to projected business levels.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department meetings.
- Must attend all required Title 31 and/or SAR trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds is required.
- Standing for long periods of time, bending, stooping, and reaching and grasping are required.
- Subject to inside environmental conditions, including work in a smoking environment.
- The incumbent must have three years' experience in the management of retail sales, or education above high school level in retail sales management or other closely related field, or a combination of education and experience.
- Ability to manage and supervise staff effectively is required.
- Skills in developing directives, instructions, and procedures concerning the administration of a retail store operation are required.
- Ability to relate well with the public is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook are required.
- Operations consist of shift work; seven days a week and on holidays.
- Position requires on call availability.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718