The General Manager is responsible for the overall operations of and accountable for the performance of all casino and ancillary functions. The GM plans, directs, and coordinates activities in the areas of management policy, internal control reviews, financial and records management, and administrative services for the Black Bear Casino, Hotel, Convention Center and Golf Course.
- Assumes responsibility for business operations, profit and losses of all departments, including: Security, Slot Operations, Food and Beverage, Table Games, Hotel Operations, Convention Center, Golf Course, Purchasing and Marketing.
- Develops, communicates, and implements an effective organizational strategy setting objectives for successful operational results and future growth.
- Works to ensure a high quality of management operations in all areas of the organization.
- Establishes compliance with the NIGA Minimum Internal Controls Standards, the State of Minnesota Gaming Compact, and any other rules and policies within parameters established by the Reservation Business Committee.
- Works closely with direct reports in the identification of operational problems, putting into place policies and procedures to solve such problems.
- Leads direct reports in the development and implementation of short and long term goals and the business planning process to ensure attainment of the Board of Directors of Fond du Lac Management, Inc. goals and objectives.
- Supervises, directs and participates in the growth and development of all direst reports in the performance of their duties.
- Establishes an effective system of communication to maintain a constant flow of communication to all staffing levels.
- Supervises the coordination and development of statistical data such as departmental budgets and gaming trend analyses.
- Directs and reviews marketing objectives (including promotions, advertising) for maintaining equitable customer traffic flows and promoting special events.
- Monitors gaming rules, laws and trends nationally and seizes new opportunities.
- Provides routine and non-routine reports as required by Executive Director and/or Board of Directors.
- Acts as spokesperson for the Casino Resort. Displays a responsive and professional manner in solving all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Sedentary work with some walking required throughout the casino, hotel and convention center.
- Subject to inside environmental conditions, including work in a smoking environment.
- The noise level in the work environment varies from light to moderate.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Business Management (or closely related field) and a minimum of ten years experience in the gaming industry in a senior management position is strongly preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of Indian Gaming, including but not limited to slot machines, table games, hospitality and bingo is preferable as well as surveillance techniques and gaming regulations.
- Must be able to identify strategic issues, prioritize workload, and identify and develop effective programs to maximize performance.
- An understanding of planning, motivating, and managing people and resources is desired along with an understanding of the intricacies of inter-cultural relations applicable to public relations.
- Demonstrating experience in writing and oral communication is desired.
- Extensive experience in planning, development, and organization is desired.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Some travel required.
HOURS: Shift to be determined upon hire.
TO APPLY: Complete transfer request or application and
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718
|Opening Date: April 5, 2017||Salary: TBD|
|Closing Date: May 5, 2017||FT Position Available|
Contact Person: Tenase McClay, Phone (218) 878-2348
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE