|Title:||Food and Beverage Director, Full Time|
|Closing Date:||September 25, 2023|
|Rate of Pay:||DOQ|
|Contact:||Human Resources, Phone: 218 878-2340|
Under the direction of the General Manager, the incumbent is responsible for coordinating, supervising and directing all food and beverage operations, while maintaining a profitable Food and Beverage department in alignment with Black Bear Casino Resort’s vision, mission, and organizational values. Responsible for developing and implementing creative ideas to promote business, maintain revenue and payroll budgets, and meet budgeted productivity while maintaining the highest quality products and services.
- Manage the food and beverage department to include food preparation, food service, banquet, and lounge service to ensure impeccable standards of operation and the highest level of quality service is provided.
- Provide leadership in the development, implementation and monitoring of division operations, operating policies and procedures, fiscal budgets, and marketing strategies to produce both short-term and long-term results.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training and overall direction of employees. Ensure staff is coached, mentored and motivated to provide exceptional customer service.
- Provide appropriate leadership, direction, supervision, and guidance to subordinate management staff in accordance with company culture to promote positive employee morale and performance quality.
- Inspect all food and beverage equipment for proper maintenance purposes.
- Oversee the ordering of all food and beverage purchases including food, beverages, supplies, equipment, etc. Select suppliers and develop/maintain effective working relationships. Maintain inventory levels to maximize profitability.
- Develop menus, pricing, themes, and events for various food outlets. Recommend advertising strategies to increase revenues and sales. Maintain an awareness of competition.
- Ensure that all food and beverage areas meet requirements of the Board of Health and other governing agencies.
- Develop, implement and monitor safe work practices.
- Develop forecasts and budgets to maximize productivity.
- Develop and maintain quality levels, performance and service standards to ensure exceptional quality, value, and presentation of all food and beverage products served to guests.
- Anticipate business levels and adjust staffing accordingly.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Must attend all required Title 31 and/or SAR trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of all financial records and all records from employees and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing, pulling are required.
- Subject to inside environmental conditions, including work in a smoking environment.
- A minimum of ten years' experience in the food and beverage industry, with at least five years' experience at a managerial level in a multi-unit, high volume casino/resort complex, or similar sized hospitality-related properties is required.
- Culinary Degree is preferred.
- Must have thorough knowledge of food preparation, kitchen, restaurant, lounge and banquet operations.
- Expertise in budgeting, forecasting and capital expenditures.
- Ten years' experience in the direction and management of employees with a track record of promoting an atmosphere of teamwork.'
- Ability to establish guidelines for proper staffing to maximize efficiency and minimize labor costs.
- Good organizational skills to function effectively with accuracy and attention to detail while meeting established deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal effectively with guests, management, employees and other outside contacts.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, busy environment.
- Demonstrated experience in food preparation and handling techniques, alcohol mixing methods, management skills, and providing quality guest services.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Operations are conducted seven days a week; 24 hours a day; and on holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Some travel may be required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720