|Title:||Facility Operations Director, Full Time|
|Closing Date:||July 16, 2019|
|Contact:||Tenase McClay, Phone: 218-878-2348|
The incumbent of this position is responsible for the supervision of the Facilities and Grounds operations, including the selection and retention of subordinates, approving and disapproving leave requests, evaluating performance, determining training needs, scheduling, disciplining, etc.
- Coordinates and directs the design, planning, construction, maintenance, and alteration of all buildings and other facilities operated by the Black Bear Casino.
- Plans, budgets, and schedules facilities modifications including cost estimates, bid sheets, layouts, and contracts for construction and acquisitions.
- Inspects construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established specifications. Inspects facilities and equipment to determine need and extent of service, equipment required and type and number of operation and maintenance personnel needed.
- Plans and administers facilities management budget. Compiles records of labor and material cost for operating buildings and facilities and prepares reports as requested.
- Assembles and analyzes contract bids, and submits bids and recommendations to appropriate board for action. Prepares construction specifications or plans, obtaining advice from engineering consultants as necessary. Inspects completed work for conformance to blueprints, specifications, and standards.
- Oversees the coordination of building space allocation, layout, and communication services.
- Oversees and manages engineering personnel and staff to include, but not limited to, maintaining and repairing physical structures and utility systems of buildings, maintaining grounds, painting and performing structural repairs and maintenance to masonry, woodwork, and furnishings of buildings, maintaining and repairing building utility systems, such as electrical wiring and controls, heating and ventilating systems, water distributing and plumbing systems , boilers, storage tanks, water softeners, air handlers, pumps, chillers, HVAC units, etc.
- Supervises all engineering staff to include the selection and retention of subordinates, approving and disapproving leave requests, evaluating performance, determining training needs, scheduling, disciplining, etc.
- Maintains safety and evacuation procedures for buildings and facilities.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Must attend all required Title 31/SAR Trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members, and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required.
- Ability to move, climb, and work on all types of uneven surfaces and ladders at heights up to 30 feet are required.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling is required.
- Subject to inside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather conditions and work in a smoking environmental.
- Demonstrated building and facility management experience is required.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of motors, pumps, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and masonry skills are required.
- Ability to supervise and manager effectively is required.
- Position requires on call availability.
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance requirements for a wide variety of equipment and systems is required.
- Knowledge of equipment and parts inventories and ordering is required.
- Knowledge of OSHA standards for chemical use is required.
- Ability to obtain any required licenses is required.
- Thorough knowledge of ventilation systems, sound systems, security systems, and mechanical systems is required.
- Position requires on call availability.
- Operations are conducted seven days a week, 24 hours a day, and on holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718