|Title:||Executive Sous Chef, Full Time|
|Closing Date:||March 30, 2023|
|Rate of Pay:||DOQ|
|Contact:||Human Resources, Phone: 218 878-2340|
Under the supervision of the Executive Chef, this position assists the Executive Chef with managing the kitchen personnel and supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities; ensures business objectives are met by creating a positive, exciting guest service culture through creation of a work environment conducive to employee engagement and retention.
- Estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase food.
- Select and develop recipes.
- Standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality.
- Direct presentation technique and quality standards.
- Plan and price menus.
- Ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance.
- Ensure proper safety and sanitation in kitchen.
- Provides leadership support to team members, to include but not limited to, directing, hiring, coaching, evaluating, coordinating, scheduling, organiz-ing and training staff associated with kitchen outlets.
- Control and manage food and labor cost and manage financial budgets.
- Prepare accurate and informative reports containing conclusions and recommendations.
- Recognizes that employees have certain responsibilities which affect the operational efficiency of the Casino Resort.
- Maintains proper attendance in accordance with policy. Reports to work on time in accordance with policy. Provides adequate notice to supervisor prior to absence or lateness in accordance with policy.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Casino Resort, and it’s responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of every person (visitors, co-workers)
- Due to changes and modifications in your job from time to time, we require employees to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management sees necessity; some assignments may not be listed in this description at this time.
- Must be able to walk and stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to lift, carry, bend, stoop, pull and push up to 50 pounds is required.
- Normal physical requirements including work in a smoking environment.
- Culinary Arts Degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of five years' cooking experience with management/supervisory leadership is preferred.
- Experience in a high-volume, fine dining or upscale restaurant operation in a casino environment is preferred.
- A working knowledge of applicable safety, sanitation, food handling, and health laws, rules, regulations, standards, and procedures are essential.
- Perform assigned duties under frequent time pressures and in an interruptive environment.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays, daylight and evening shifts and maintain a positive attitude with guest and team members.
- Computer literacy is required.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718