|Title:||Executive Chef, Full Time|
|Closing Date:||March 30, 2023|
|Rate of Pay:||DOQ|
|Contact:||Human Resources, Phone: 218 878-2340|
Under the supervision of the Food & Beverage Director, this position will manage kitchen personnel and supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities; ensures business objectives are met by creating a positive, exciting guest service culture through creation of work environment conductive to employee engagement and retention.
- Estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase food.
- Select and develop recipes.
- Standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality.
- Establish presentation technique and quality standards.
- Plan and price menus.
- Ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance.
- Ensure proper safety and sanitation in kitchen.
- Provides leadership support to team members, to include but not limited to, directing, hiring, coaching, evaluating, coordinating, scheduling, organizing and training staff associated with kitchen outlets.
- Control and manage food and labor cost and manage financial budgets.
- Prepare accurate and informative reports containing conclusions and recommendations.
- Prepare detailed financial reports and ensure compliance with established budgets.
- Must be able to walk and stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to lift, carry, bend, stoop, pull and push up to 50 pounds is required.
- Normal physical requirements including work in a smoking environment.
- Culinary Arts Degree required or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of five years' Chef Executive with management/supervisory leadership experience is required.
- Executive Chef Management experience in a high volume, fine dining or upscale restaurant operation in a casino environment is preferred.
- A working knowledge of applicable safety, sanitation, food handling, and health laws, rules, regulations, standards, and procedures are essential.
- Perform assigned duties under frequent time pressures and in an interruptive environment.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays, daylight and evening shifts and maintain a positive attitude with guest and team members.
- Computer literacy is required.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718