|Title:||Executive Chef, Full Time|
|Closing Date:||December 18, 2023|
|Rate of Pay:||$75,910.02 - $94,887.52 per year|
|Contact:||Human Resources, Phone: 218 878-2340|
Under the supervision of the Food & Beverage Director, this position will oversee kitchen personnel and supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities; ensures business objectives are met by creating a positive, exciting guest service culture through creation of a work environment conducive to employee engagement and retention.
- Estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase food.
- Select and develop recipes.
- Standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality.
- Establish presentation technique and quality standards.
- Plan and price menus.
- Ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance.
- Ensure proper safety and sanitation in kitchen.
- Provides leadership support to team members, to include but not limited to, directing, hiring, coaching, evaluating, coordinating, scheduling, organizing and training staff associated with kitchen outlets.
- Control and manage food and labor cost and manage financial budgets.
- Prepare accurate and informative reports containing conclusions and recommendations.
- Prepare detailed financial reports and ensure compliance with established budget Recognizes that employees have certain responsibilities which affect the operational efficiency of the hotel.
- Maintains proper attendance in accordance with hotel policy. Reports to work on time in accordance with hotel policy. Provides adequate notice to supervisor prior to absence or lateness in accordance with hotel policy.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the hotel, and its responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of every person (visitors, co-workers).
- Due to changes and modifications in your job from time to time, we require employees to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management sees necessity; some assignments may not be listed in this description at this time.
- Must be able to walk and stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to lift, carry, bend, stoop, pull and push up to 50 pounds is required.
- Normal physical requirements including work in a smoking environment.
- Culinary Arts Degree required or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of five years Chef Executive with management/supervisory leadership experience is required.
- Executive Chef Management experience in a high-volume, fine dining or up scale restaurant operation in a casino environment is preferred.
- A working knowledge of applicable safety, sanitation, food handling, and health laws, rules, regulations, standards, and procedures are essential.
- Perform assigned duties under frequent time pressures and in an interruptive environment.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays, daylight and evening shifts and maintain a positive attitude with guest and team members.
- Computer literacy is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718