- Possesses willingness to learn and take direction from trade mechanics and engineering manager and supervisor.
- Assist other Fond du Lac entities as requested.
- Cleans and paints all mechanical spaces.
- Visually identifies and matches colors for painting color coded steam pipes.
- Identifies color coded electrical wires.
- Cleans ceiling diffusers, return air registers, and exhausts.
- Performs preventative maintenance on the HVAC system.
- Monitors the Facilities systems as assigned.
- Dispatches work orders. Completes work orders as assigned.
- Performs remodeling duties for the Black Bear Casino Resort complex as assigned.
- Delivers and picks up supplies as directed.
- Department uniform is required and provided to the employee, which must be worn during scheduled work hours unless prior arrangements have been made with management.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings. Must attend all required Title 31 and/or SARC trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Ability to move, climb, and work on all types of uneven surfaces and ladders at heights up to 30 feet is required.
- Ability to push, pull, grasp, lift, and/or carry supplies or equipment weighing up to 50 pounds (occasionally waist high) is required.
- Ability to perform tasks while consistently bending, stooping, kneeling, crawling, or standing is required.
- Ability to work in conditions which are hot, cold, noisy, and wet is required.
- Excellent finger dexterity is required.
- Ability to grasp and manipulate tools is required.
- Ability to perform duties in confined spaces and awkward positions is required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in a smoking environment.
- Current Universal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Boiler license, and one of the following is required: Three or more years of skilled mechanical and facilities maintenance experience that includes heating ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC), electrical, mechanical and boiler operation, maintenance and repair work. Or, completion of a 2 year vocational-technical post high school program with course work in air conditioning/refrigeration/heating, electrical maintenance and boiler control, operation and maintenance and at least one year of skilled mechanical and facilities maintenance experience.
- Class D Driver’s License required.
- Skills in usage of hand and power tools and familiarity with parts and materials are required.
- Basic mathematical skills and the ability to use a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical equations are preferred.
- Ability to act responsibly and effectively in emergency situation is required.
- Operations are conducted seven days a week; 24 hours a day; and on holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Travel is required.
HOURS: Shift work. Shift to be determined at time of hire.
TO APPLY: Complete transfer request or application and
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718
|Opening Date: March 20, 2017||Salary: TBD|
|Closing Date: March 27, 2017||FT Positions Available|
Contact Person: Susie Sayers, 218 878-2359
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE