|Title:||Cook III, Full Time|
|Closing Date:||Open Until Filled|
|Rate of Pay:||$18.95 - $21.32 per hour|
|Contact:||Human Resources, Phone: 218 878-2340|
- Keeps the buffet clean and free of food debris.
- Helps replenish the food on the buffet.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipes, using a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment, such as blenders, mixers, grinders, slicers, and tenderizers, to prepare soups, salads, gravies, desserts, sauces, casseroles.
- Bakes, roasts, broils, and steams meats, fish, vegetables and other foods.
- Helps put away food stuffs in coolers, freezer and dry goods storeroom.
- Observes and tests foods being cooked by tasting, smelling, and piercing with fork to determine that it is cooked.
- Carves meats, portions food in hotel pans for service to the buffet.
- Washes, peels, cuts and shreds vegetables and fruits.
- Will be coached on the quality standards set forth by the casino.
- Observes guests and responds to any additional requests.
- Monitors hot and cold food temperatures through the shift.
- Carries out tasks assigned by the Sous Chefs in a timely manner.
- Helps keep the working station and the kitchen clean.
- Department uniform is required and provided to the employee, which must be worn during scheduled work hours unless prior arrangements have been made with management.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings. Must attend all required Title 31 and/or SAR trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with policies.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- All employees shall thoroughly wash hands and arms with soap and water before starting work and wash hands during work hours as often as may be required to remove soil and contamination as well as after visiting the washroom.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds is required.
- Prolonged walking and standing is required. Bending and stooping is required.
- Subject to inside environmental conditions, including working in a smoking environment.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Demonstrated experience as a cook is required.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Food handler’s certification is required: if not certified at the time of hire; employees must become certified within 3 months of hire, employment is contingent upon certification.
- Knowledge of cleanliness and sanitation standards for food serving is required.
- Knowledge of personal cleanliness standards and ability to conform to good hygienic practices is required.
- Strong customer service skills are required.
- Ability to follow directions received by supervisors.
- Operations consist of shift work; seven days a week and on holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718