|Title:||Cook II, Full Time|
|Closing Date:||July 19, 2019|
|Contact:||Tenase McClay, Phone: 218 878-2348|
- Prepares, seasons, and cooks soups, meats, vegetables, and other foodstuff for consumption in buffet and banquets.
- Keeps the buffet clean and free of food debris.
- Assists with replenishing the food on the buffet.
- Adjusts thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters, and steam kettles.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipes, using a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment, such as blenders, mixers, grinders, slicers and tenderizers, to prepare soups, salads, gravies, desserts, sauces, casseroles, etc.
- Bakes, roasts, broils, and steams meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Adds seasoning to foods during mixing or cooking, according to casino guidelines.
- Observes and tests foods being cooked by tasting, smelling, and piercing with fork to determine that it is cooked.
- Carves meats, portions food in hotel pans for service in the buffet.
- Washes, peels, cuts and shreds vegetables and fruits to prepare them prior to cooking.
- Observes guests and responds to any additional requests.
- Monitors hot and cold food temperatures through the shift.
- Carries out tasks assigned by the Sous Chefs in a timely manner.
- Helps keep the work station clean.
- Department uniform is required and provided to the employee, which must be worn during scheduled work hours unless prior arrangements have been made with management.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings. Must attend all required Title 31 and/or Sarc trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are requires to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- All employees shall thoroughly wash hands and arms with soap and water before starting work and wash hands during work hours as often as may be required to remove soil and contamination as well as after visiting the washroom.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds is required.
- Prolonged walking and standing is required. Bending and stooping is required.
- Subject to inside environmental conditions, including working in a smoking environment.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Two years of cooking experience; one year employment as a Cook III with the Black Bear Casino Resort; or a combination of employment and experience is required.
- Must have good knife skills and be able to work under pressure.
- Food Handler’s certification is required; if not certified at the time of hire; employee must become certified within 3 months of hire, employment is contingent upon certification.
- Knowledge of cleanliness and sanitation standards for food serving is required.
- Knowledge of personal cleanliness standards and ability to conform to good hygienic practices is required.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to follow directions received by supervisors.
- Operations consist of shift work; seven days a week and on holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s personnel policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718