|Title:||Convention & Events Manager, Full Time|
|Closing Date:||November 2, 2018|
|Contact:||Tenase McClay, Phone: 218 878-2348|
Manages, develops, directs, coordinates, and implements all site-specific events for the Black Bear Convention Center. The function for the Convention Center Manager includes but is not limited to: Supervision of staff, budgeting, multi-tasking, project management, organization, decision-making, excellent customer service and performs related work as required. This position requires the ability to work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Directs, coordinates and supervises the activities of personnel subcontractors, and vendors as required to successfully execute the assigned events at the facility.
- Provides information and guidance for the client in order to obtain accurate event specifications.
- Produce event orders to be distributed to departments of the Conference Center and with the related Casino, Hotel, and Golf Course Departments.
- Supervises and/or designs room set up diagrams as required.
- Supervises and/or coordinates client’s service needs with catering, audio visual, security and other requested services.
- Conducts pre and post convention meetings with clients and staff.
- Acts as a liaison for the client to insure successful execution of programs and see that their needs are met.
- Acts in a recruitment capacity by meeting with potential facility users, conducting site tours of the facility, representing Black Bear at trade shows and conventions, selling the services of the Convention Center.
- Supervise, monitor, and control event billing per client contacts.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with service contractors and other suppliers of event services.
- Supervises and/or develops plans to anticipate issues of traffic flow and crowd control and take the necessary steps to ensure the safety of all building users and patrons.
- Maintains communications with Casino security and / or local law enforcement and emergency medical services in order to inform them of potential situations.
- Supervises Convention Center Staff to include selection and retention of subordinates, approving and disapproving leave requests, evaluating performance, determining training needs, scheduling, disciplining, etc.
- Trains all Convention Center Staff and provides quarterly updates to the Fond du Lac Management.
- Recognizes that employees have certain personal responsibilities, which affect the operational efficiency of the Convention Center. Provides adequate notice to supervisor prior to absence or lateness, maintains proper attendance, and reports to work on time in accordance with Black Bear absent/late policy.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac management Inc., and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of every person (visitors, co-workers).
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, we require employees to be flexible and assume other responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Prolonged standing and/or sitting is required.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions to include working in a smoking environmental and loud noises.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college with the major field of study in business, marketing, finance or closely related field. Or five years of administrative experience in a large entertainment or public use facility, which included or is supplemented by two years of supervisory experience.
- Must be creative and innovative.
- Must be neat and clean in appearance and have an outgoing personality.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community are required.
- Ability to handle busy and stressful situations to include meeting deadlines is required.
- Responsible for the security and confidentiality of work related material.
- Responsible for monitoring the budget and staying within budget guidelines.
- Knowledge of principals and techniques of supervision, personnel development, event planning, audio-visual systems, and other equipment and practices typical to the industry.
- Knowledge of Word Processing, spreadsheets and entertainment and/or industry computer related software is required. • Ability to plan, service and supervise a variety of meeting and commercial events.
- Prepare effective reports and correspondence.
- Ability to operate telephone, fax machine, hand held radio, calculator, and copy machine.
- Previous gaming experience is desired.
- Travel required.
- Operations are conducted seven days a week and on holidays.
- Incumbent is subject to bonding, security checks, and other pre-employment screening requirements.
- • Must attend Title 31/SAR Training. Will be provided.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718