COFFEE SHOP SUPERVISOR
This position is critical to the Coffee Shop’s success by having responsibility for the efficient and profitable operation of the store. The Coffee Shop Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that the experience is consistently provided for all customers, quality store operations are maintained, staff are lead and empowered in a positive manner, and financial contribution is maximized. This position requires customary and regular exercise of independent judgment and discretionary powers in the day-to-day performance of job duties, and ensures the Black Bear Casino Resort's policies are implemented and maintained in a consistent manner.
- Contributes toward store profitability by seeking opportunities to increase sales, manage inventory and cost of goods control and labor costs.
- Maintains daily, weekly, and period financial reports.
- Ensures all cash handling and cash register function are performed in an accurate and consistent manner.
- Ensures that proper types and amounts of materials, supplies and merchandise are ordered and stocked.
- Effectively communicates new product information to staff.
- Trains and develops staff.
- Expects and encourages full participation of staff in creating store goals and developing plans.
- Determines daily and weekly staffing requirements, recruits, conducts interviews, makes hiring and termination recommendations, schedules and apportions staff work hours, and schedules staff time off.
- Resolves staff complaints and concerns, provides ongoing performance feedback, conducts formal performance and salary reviews and counsels staff as necessary.
- Ensures all company policies, store standards and procedures are communicated effectively to staff and maintained and followed in a consistent manner.
- Follows all guidelines outlined in the policy and procedure manual to create and maintain the safest environment for our employees and customers.
- Organizes work throughout the store in a manner that facilitates efficient customer service and profitable operation.
- Ensures store appearance and equipment are maintained in a consistent manner.
- Maintains consistent speed of service to the customer by ensuring all store staffing requirements.
- Prolonged standing and walking is required.
- Lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds is required.
- Subject to inside environmental conditions, including working in a smoking environment.
- Qualified candidate must have excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrates experience in food and beverage preparation; or education above the high school level in a related area; or a combination of education and experience is desired.
- A working knowledge of applicable safety, sanitation, food handling, and health laws, rules, regulations, standards, and procedures are essential.
- Great customer service skills. Must also have the initiative to work independently.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays, day and evening shifts and maintain a positive attitude with guest and team members.
- Computer literacy is required.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Subject to testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Employee Drug and Alcohol Policy.
HOURS: Shift to be determined upon hire.
TO APPLY: Complete transfer request or application and
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718
|Opening Date: April 19, 2017||Salary: TBD|
|Closing Date: April 26, 2017||FT Positions Available|
Contact Person: Tenase McClay, Phone (218) 878-2348
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE