|Title:||Bingo Caller, Part Time|
|Closing Date:||Open Until Filled|
|Rate of Pay:||$7.35 per hour + tips
(equaling an average of $14.00 per hour)
|Contact:||Gail St. Germaine, Phone: 218-878-2359|
The Bingo Caller is responsible for keeping the games running smoothly and efficiently.
- Responsible for presentation of numbers to participants in the bingo game through the use of equipment which includes bingo balls, mixer, lay down, counter, display board, VCR, television and closed circuit television monitors. Verbally announces the numbers for the playing of the game and adjusts speed of calling to meet special needs or situations. Verifies bingo wins on the securifier and master lay down. Ensures the winning numbers are in the appropriate pattern.
- Two people are used in this function. While one performs the above function, the other is responsible for the monitoring and the recording of the game number, the bingo wins on the securifier and master lay down. Ensures the winning-numbers are in the appropriate pattern.
- Announces prizes and makes other public announcements over, the public address system, including special announcements (salutation, house rules review, intermission announcements, anniversary, birthdays, etc.); special promotional announcements; and session announcements (beginning of each session, beginning and end of intermissions, and end of night).
- Responsible for equipment used in the bingo operation. Conducts daily pre-game tests of caller's equipment (numbers, microphones, machines, mixer board, monitors, display boards, copier, etc) and reports results to bingo manager.
- As the focal point of the game, the conduct of the caller must at all times be above reproach and represent the highest level of integrity, the most vital factor in the bingo operation. The callers must at all times conduct themselves in a manner which absolutely avoids even the appearance of wrongdoing. Callers are to communicate their observations on operations, games, patterns of play, or other matters to appropriate supervisors.
- Department uniform is required and provided to the employee, which must be worn during scheduled work hours unless prior arrangements have been made with management.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Must attend all required Title 31 and/or SAR trainings.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Prolonged sitting, with some lifting and walking is required.
- Ability to communicate orally with a clear, distinctive voice is required.
- Subject to inside environmental conditions, including work in a smoking environment.
- Ability to work well with the public is required.
- An understanding of skills in the entertainment field is desirable.
- Leadership experience is desirable.
- Operations consist of shift work; seven days a week and on holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation's Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718