|Title:||Bartender, Full/Part Time|
|Closing Date:||Open Until Filled|
|Rate of Pay:||$6.75 - $12.60 per hour + tips
(With average tips being $16.00)
|Contact:||Tenase McClay, Phone: 218 878-2348|
Maintains efficient and courteous beverage operations by greeting guests, establishing a rapport with them, and giving them outstanding service in a professional and timely manner at scheduled venue. Works in tandem with fellow staff to exceed guest expectations, and provide consistent, proper bartending service in accordance with Black Bear Casino Resort’s alcohol policy.
- Responsible for providing exceptional service to all guests in a friendly, efficient manner.
- Takes food and beverage orders from guests and/or beverage servers to meet their needs, desires and expectations in a quick and efficient manner.
- Effectively responds to manager’s requests in all areas of customer interaction and customer concerns.
- Performs job duties in a safe manner; reports any potential safety hazards to management staff.
- Mixes ingredients such as liquor, soda, water, and fruit juice to prepare beverages.
- Serves alcoholic and non- alcoholic beverages. Ensures legal drinking age and follows all Black Bear Casino Resort Alcohol Policies.
- Knows drink prices and proper measurement.
- Knows information regarding all Food & Beverage outlets to have ability to inform guests when they ask.
- Rings in orders before making; operates cash register; accepted money from customers and counts back appropriate change; processes credit card purchases; counts and balances money/credit card purchases and comps against receipts in register before and after each shift.
- Follows proper cash handling procedures and internal control procedures.
- Responsible for proper collection of all sales in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Responsible for set-up and presentation of bar areas to include cutting fruit, stocking, filling ice bins and putting away requisitions.
- Ensures proper presentation of each beverage that is served.
- Ensure the beverage service policies of Black Bear Casino Resort are strictly adhered to.
- Maintains the highest degree of professionalism.
- Assist with inventory and inventory control; orders and requisitions liquor and supplies.
- Completes opening and closing side work.
- Department uniform is required and provided to the employee, which must be worn during scheduled work hours unless prior arrangements have been made with management.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Must attend all required Title 31 and/or SAR trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.,
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required.
- Prolonged walking and standing are required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather conditions and work in a smoking environment.
- Minimum age requirement of 18 years of age.
- 1 year experience in bartending or working in a bar setting is required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal service skills with a friendly and professional demeanor.
- Experience in operating a cash register and making credit and cash transactions is required.
- Demonstrate experience in proper wine service is preferred.
- Food handler’s certification is required; if not certified at the time of hire; employee must become certified within 6 months of hire, employment is contingent upon certification.
- Maintains a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to Casino standards.
- Knowledge of applicable safety rules, sanitation standards, and health code regulations is required.
- Must meet the requirements of the Minnesota Chippewa Tribal Liquor Ordinance.
- Alcohol Awareness Training is required and will be provided.
- Operations are conducted seven days a week; 24 hours a day; and on holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718