|Title:||Banquet Server, Part Time|
|Closing Date:||Open Until Filled|
|Rate of Pay:||$7.85 to $13.25 per hour + tips|
|Contact:||Gail St. Germaine, Phone: 218 878-2359|
- Provides prompt and courteous food and beverage service to banquet guests during banquet/catering function ensuring guests satisfaction.
- Read Banquet Event Order (BEO) and completes set-ups according to BEO.
- Set-up/break-down buffet or other special food service tables and equipment.
- Complete assigned side work and related cleaning duties.
- Set up all banquet functions in assigned area correctly and uniformly, table linens, china, silverware, glassware, and centerpieces.
- Set up waiting and beverage stations.
- Sets up all perishable items for banquet service such as bread, butter, and cream.
- Serves all food and beverages to banquet guests.
- Clears away all dishes and items used in the service on a banquet, including the linens.
- Ensures the proper storage of all items from equipment to perishable foods.
- Maintains work areas in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Abides by company rules and regulations.
- Prepares for future banquets by folding napkins, filling condiments, and performing other duties as required.
- Relieves other employees allowing for breaks during the shift.
- Reports to work for scheduled shift, on time and in uniform in accordance with company policy.
- Knows and complies with all company policies and procedures to this position and its duties.
- Must attend all required Title 31/SAR training.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Continuous standing and/or walking during shift.
- Lifting of trays, dish racks, glass racks, etc. (20-20 lbs). Pushing carts, hot boxes, portable bars, etc. (50-100 lbs) Carry trays, dish racks, glass racks, etc. (20-50 lbs). Frequent bending to lift trays and access banquet equipment and supplies.
- Must attend food handling classes.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to read English.
- Can communicate well with guests.
- Requires strong organizational skills.
- Basic knowledge of proper food handling techniques.
- Scheduled days and times may vary based on business levels.
- Prior serving experience.
- Must be able to work a variety of day/night and weekend shifts.
- Able to be on your feet for long periods of time.
- Excellent people skills.
- Must meet grooming standards.
- Meet/exceed customer expectations.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718