|Title:||Transit Dispatcher, Full/Part Time/On Call|
|Closing Date:||Permanent Posting|
The Transit Dispatcher provides communication links between Fond du Lac residents and the Transit Drivers instructing them of pick-up and drop off destinations and other duties assigned by the Community Transit Director.
- Schedule appointments for the Fond du Lac Transit services.
- Answers public inquiries regarding transit services.
- Makes copies of next day’s passenger schedules.
- Coordinates and monitors daily transportation activities via two-way radio, telephone and person to person.
- Verifies transit fares and submits daily deposits.
- Checks and submits drivers log sheets.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- High school diploma or GED certification is required.
- Demonstrated success in accepting responsibility and using independent judgment.
- Proper public contact and telephone etiquette.
- Ability to deal with unruly and abusive individuals.
- Excellent communication skills using the telephone, headset, two-way radio, and in person.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to dispatch calls to drivers in an efficient manner.
- Ability to operate modern office equipment including a computer and related software.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720