|Title:||School Secretary / Receptionist, Full Time|
|Location:||Fond du Lac Ojibwe School|
|Supervisor:||K-12 School-wide Principal|
|Closing Date:||July 1, 2022|
|Rate of Pay:||$31,200 to $35,000 annually|
Serves visitors by greeting, welcoming and directing them appropriately; notifies appropriate school-wide personnel of visitor arrival; maintains security and telecommunications system. Processes student attendance and performs other identified administrative functions to promote the orderly and safe operation of the school system.
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories; giving instructions.
- Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing visitor badges.
- Processes student attendance on a daily basis and provides/exchanges attendance information to school personnel as necessary for monitoring and data management.
- Performs administrative functions to promote the orderly and safe operation of the school system.
- Receives and routes all incoming calls.
- Maintains telecommunication system by following manufacturer’s instructions for house phone and console operation.
- Maintain safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements
- High School diploma or GED is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefit plan, which includes medical, dental, retirement, optional life insurance, optional disability coverage and more. For detailed information please click here.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720