|Title:||Substance Use Disorder Recovery Case Manager, Full Time|
|Location:||MNAW Human Services Center|
|Supervisor:||Substance Use Disorder Coordinator|
|Closing Date:||Open Until Filled|
The worker will receive specific training by the Fond du Lac (FDL) Substance Use Disorder Department in order to identify client needs, remove barriers and implement a system for regular billing for services.
- Interact with Human Services staff to achieve a comprehensive and cohesive plan for working as a recovery case manager with individuals from the American Indian community.
- Advise the coordinator on program implementation and progress.
- Serve as an integral member of the client’s treatment team.
- Facilitate immediate access to assessment, treatment and other services for clients and assure those contacts are arranged according to the treatment plan.
- Assist clients with child care arrangements so the clients can attend meetings, agency appointments, and treatment sessions.
- Submit monthly reports to the department coordinator.
- Record contacts and field notes in client’s file, as appropriate.
- Transport or arrange transportation for client(s).
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- A minimum of a two-year Associates of Arts degree in Human Services field is required.
- UMICAD level I certification is required, if not certified at the time of hire, employee must become certified within 9 months of hire, and must maintain certification for duration of employment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of chemical dependency treatment processes and program implementation.
- Must be free of chemical use for at least one year immediately preceding hire and must sign a statement attesting to that fact.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the resources available to individuals with chemical dependency and mental health problems in the community and surrounding area. This knowledge includes: a. Eligibility criteria for resources, b. Services provided available, c. Hours of operation, and d. Advocacy needed.
- Familiarity with the Fond du Lac community and its resources is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Position requires on call availability.
- Operations may consist of shift work; seven days a week and on holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Travel is required.
- Class D Driver’s License is required. Must have a reliable vehicle with proof of insurance with liability insurance being the minimum coverage and must be insurable under Fond du Lac’s insurance requirements.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720