|Title:||School-wide Check & Connect Counselor/Mentor (SCCCM) , Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Ojibwe School|
|Closing Date:||November 30, 2022|
|Rate of Pay:||$32,000.00 to $35,000.00 per year|
The SCCCM will work with students school-wide to assist students in any identified need/referrals that will contribute to the success of the student’s social, academic, and behavioral needs. The SCCCM will participate and interact with school personnel in any number of capacities and serve on numerous student support teams. Teams include the Student Support Team, Admissions Team, and special committee and student focused meetings as necessary. A confidential trust relationship will be created and nurtured at all levels of interaction between the SCCCM, student and all involved.
- Provide services to students which include: Self-Management Techniques, Coping Skills, Anger Replacement Training, Conflict Mediation-Resolution, Communication Skills, De-Escalation Techniques, Self-Concept Enhancement, and Social Interaction Development. Services will be provided one on one and small groups.
- Monitors student behavior issues and maintains records.
- Plans, conducts and attends meetings with students, staff, parents and other meetings as required.
- Assists Special Education staff with referrals and re-evaluation procedures.
- Collaborate with community and county agencies.
- Contact and communicate with family, community, faculty, administration and other school personnel as needed.
- Attend Discipline and Special Education meetings as necessary.
- Serve as Local Liaison for the McKinney Vento Program participating with other identified personnel to meet the goals and objectives of the Fond du Lac Ojibwe School’s Homeless policy and subsequent program.
- Assist and monitor staff in the student referral process identifying student needs to be reviewed and addressed with the Student Support Team.
- Participate in Admission Team meetings to identify possible at-risk students for services.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Bachelor degree in Social Work or related field.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
- Some travel may be required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720