|Title:||Right-of-Way Specialist, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Resource Management|
|Supervisor:||Land Imformation Manager|
|Closing Date:||December 14, 2018|
The Right-of-Way Specialist performs all tasks relating to trust and fee right-of-way activities for the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa. This includes the subjects of deeds, leases, acquisitions, easements, mapping, surveying, legal descriptions, data management, document recording, planning, National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), land use, zoning, and project management.
- Perform all tasks relating to trust and fee right-of-way activities, which includes the subjects of deeds, leases, acquisitions, easements, mapping, surveying, legal descriptions, data management, document recording, planning, NEPA, land use, zoning, and project management.
- Identify expired or unapproved rights-of-way on the Reservation and work with users to correct expired or unapproved uses.
- Work with allotment land owners to obtain permissions, as appropriate.
- Answer questions, when possible, from land owners and Band members about right-of-way locations, agreements, and valuation methods.
- Prepare resolutions and related documents for Reservation Business Committee approval.
- Perform all tasks relating to other real estate activities, as assigned.
- Work with the Land Information Manager and Land Leasing Specialist in processing and managing legal and Geographic Information System (GIS) information of the Fond du Lac Reservation.
- Trouble shoot and solve problems relating to trust and fee real estate activities.
- Understand and use the computer systems used by the Land Information Department – GIS and Land Recording.
- Use Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA)’s Trust Asset Accounting System (TAAMS) data management system of trust lands.
- Coordinates with Tribal Historic Preservation Office to ensure timely evaluation of potential cultural resources located in areas proposed for right of way creation.
- Develop and manage projects as assigned.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees and/or clients.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing and pulling are required.
- Possess manual dexterity.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather conditions.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or an Associate’s Degree with 2 years of experience with real estate and GIS is required.
- Ability to obtain federal security clearance and identification card for TAAMS within one year of commencing employment is required.
- Experience in the preparation of land leases, and legal documents are required.
- Knowledge and ability to interpret and evaluate legal descriptions, survey plats, tract maps and legal records is required.
- Ability to interpret and explain legal documents pertaining to real estate is required.
- Experience working with budgets and recordkeeping is required.
- Experience in working in a Land Office, Realty Office or a Title Company is preferred.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720