|Title:||Research Specialist, Full Time|
|Location:||MNAW Human Services Center|
|Closing Date:||February 21, 2019|
Coordinate day-to-day operations of research projects and IRB activities to create a strong tribal research system as directed.
- Create an inventory of current research projects and publications.
- Conduct community outreach.
- Utilize the Fond du Lac Human Services Advisory Board to refine measurement tools, provide feedback and interpretations on qualitative and quantitative analysis, provide ideas to inform education and dissemination plans, provide feedback on evaluation of program activities, and collaborate on writing dissemination materials.
- Gather existing epidemiological data and host focus groups.
- Handle and protect confidential and sensitive data with integrity.
- Communicate with other agencies and divisions as directed by Fond du Lac Human Services Administration.
- Participate in conference calls, meetings and annual summits related to research.
- Provide quarterly written and verbal reports to all parties on progress in meeting goals and plans.
- Participate in trainings, as available and applicable.
- Work with partnering agencies to help achieve stated goals and objectives.
- Meet formally and informally with tribal leaders, tribal health, and other American Indian health stakeholders to ensure tribal representatives have venue to provide input and guidance to research design, activities, and give feedback on processes.
- Gather preliminary data based on tribal health research priorities.
- Set up meetings with researchers and others to help conducting research based on tribal health research priorities.
- Conduct literature reviews and gather existing data associated with tribal health research in priorities.
- Assist staff in writing queries and analyzing data in analytic software.
- Assist staff and clients in the design, execution and evaluation of research projects, including literature reviews, data integration and analysis.
- Produce written, tabular, and visual materials for reports and presentations.
- Assist staff in logistical management of FDL Human Services research projects, including but not limited to, acquisition of supplies and strategic planning.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Bachelor Degree required in a health care or related field.
- Master’s Degree is preferred.
- High personal motivation, self-management, and detail-orientation.
- Capacity to learn new software, and research methods under the mentorship of the research team; flexibility in responding to new research opportunities as they arise.
- Motivation to engage in and manage a wide range of intellectual work, ranging from preparing mass mailing to analyzing proposed data-collection designs.
- Ability to share responsibilities and rewards with a networked team of research investigators.
- Strong existing computer skills with analytic software, statistical software, and general internet and electronic communications.
- Interest in professional development toward future research career.
- Articulate and tactful communication skills; readiness to meet and work directly with clients.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Office experience, telephone experience, and knowledge of office machines are preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720