|Title:||Registered Nurse, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Assisted Living|
|Supervisor:||Home Health Services Coordinator|
|Closing Date:||June 12, 2023|
|Rate of Pay:||$32.00 to $37.08 per hour|
Under the supervision of the designated supervisor provides primary, secondary and tertiary care to clients in the Fond du Lac communities that will include: immunizations, monitoring of chronic diseases, palliative care, screening clients, home visits, discharge planning, assessment, referrals, and client education.
- Assists the family to accept appropriate medical, hospital, nursing home, human services or other care as necessary. Interprets extent and limitation of services available. Arranges referrals and communicates pertinent information to the agency and client/family.
- Maintains a caseload of clients who require specialized nursing care and refers to other providers as needed.
- Assists the designated supervisor in developing, implementing and evaluating care plans for identified clients and families.
- Under supervision adapts hospital procedures to home situation to give skilled care to clients requiring part-time or intermittent professional services.
- Teaches and supervises family members or others giving care.
- Initiates nursing measures to prevent complications or to minimize the disabling effects of disease or injury.
- Observes, evaluates, and reports to physician client’s physical and emotional conditions, reaction to drugs and treatments. Interprets to primary care provider social and physical factors in the environment that affect client care.
- Interprets to the client and family the implications of the diagnosis and the nature of the treatment consistent with the actions and wishes of the physician.
- Consults about individual or family health problems with other professional workers such as social workers, nutrition consultants, psychologists, and psychiatrists.
- Maintains documentation on client education and nursing service provided.
- Writes and monitors home-care contracts and supervises LPNs and Home Health Care Assistants as needed.
- Communicates with the attending primary health care provider as needed to assure quality client care.
- Coordinates and conducts formal and informal education opportunities for clients and staff.
- Participates in the Human Service Division’s Continuous Quality Improvement activities.
- Participates in Home Health Services Department meetings.
- Assumes responsibility for personal, professional development and maintains clinical and educational competency.
- Provides in home services as required.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- AA Degree in Nursing is required.
- BA/BS in Nursing and Public Health Nursing certification is preferred.
- Licensed to practice in the state of Minnesota as a Registered Nurse is required.
- One year of clinical experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Position requires on call availability.
- Operations are conducted seven days a week; 24 hours a day; and on holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
- Some travel may be required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720