|Title:||Recreational Aide 2, Full/Part Time|
|Location:||Brookston Community Center|
|Supervisor:||Community Center Manager|
|Closing Date:||June 8, 2023|
|Rate of Pay:||$15.00 per hour|
Supervises adults and youths that participate in activities of the Community Center site by performing the following duties personally.
- Plan and implement activities and/or outings for the Community Center as directed.
- Assist recreational, social and cultural activities at the Community Center as directed.
- Monitors outing and/or events outside of the workplace and after hours as assigned.
- Informs players of rules concerning dress, conduct, or equipment and enforces rules or ejects unruly player or unauthorized persons as necessary.
- Monitors activities in gymnasium, recreational area and/or library to prevent accidents and provide assistance to participants.
- Report any and all incidents to the on site Manager or Supervisor, completes appropriate forms regarding incident.
- Become aware of all rules pertaining to rules of play for various sports and activities in order to referee organized events.
- Assists in the decision of suspension of persons who violate rules.
- Keeps the Community Center site clean, and performs light janitorial duties.
- Makes minor repairs as needed, or informs the on site Manager or Supervisor of repairs that are needed.
- Renders emergency first aid to participants.
- Assist in the preparation of food items for outings and/or events as directed.
- Performs various office responsibilities as directed.
- May transport participants to the Community Center for scheduled activities.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Prolonged walking and standing are required.
- Lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds is required.
- Bending, stooping, pushing, and pulling are required.
- Ability to work with cleaning chemicals is required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather conditions.
- Preferred high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Current CPR and first aid or ability to become certified within 3 months of hire is required.
- Ability to obtain food handlers certification within 6 months after hire is required.
- Secretarial or office experience is desired.
- Demonstrated ability to assume responsibility, communicate good judgment, and express leadership is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720