|Title:||Recreational Aide 1, Full/Part Time|
|Location:||Sawyer Community Center|
|Supervisor:||Community Center Manager|
|Closing Date:||July 7, 2022|
|Rate of Pay:||$15.00 per hour|
Supervises adults and youths that participate in activities of the Community Center site by performing the following duties personally.
- Plan and implement activities and/or outings for the Community Center as directed.
- Assist recreational, social and cultural activities at the Community Center as directed.
- Monitors outing and/or events outside of the workplace and after hours as assigned.
- Informs players of rules concerning dress, conduct, or equipment and enforces rules or ejects unruly player or unauthorized persons as necessary.
- Monitors activities in gymnasium, recreational area and/or library to prevent accidents and provide assistance to participants.
- Report any and all incidents to the on site Manager or Supervisor, completes appropriate forms regarding incident.
- Become aware of all rules pertaining to rules of play for various sports and activities in order to referee organized events.
- Assists in the decision of suspension of persons who violate rules.
- Keeps the Community Center site clean, and performs light janitorial duties.
- Makes minor repairs as needed, or informs the on site Manager or Supervisor of repairs that are needed.
- Renders emergency first aide to participants.
- Assist in the preparation of food items for outings and/or events as directed.
- Performs various office responsibilities as directed.
- May transport participants to the Community Center for scheduled activities.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Prolonged walking and standing are required.
- Lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds is required.
- Bending, stooping, pushing, and pulling are required.
- Ability to work with cleaning chemicals is required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather conditions.
- Class D Driver’s License is required and must be insurable under Fond du Lac’s insurance requirements.
- Preferred high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Current CPR and first aid or ability to become certified within 3 months of hire is required.
- Ability to obtain food handlers certification within 6 months after hire is required.
- Secretarial or office experience is desired.
- Demonstrated ability to assume responsibility, communicate good judgment, and express leadership is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
The full time position is eligible for our comprehensive benefit plan, which includes medical, dental, retirement, optional life insurance, optional disability coverage and more. For detailed information please click here.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720