|Title:||Pharmacy Coordinator, Full Time|
|Location:||MNAW Human Services Center|
|Supervisor:||Human Services Director|
|Closing Date:||February 28, 2019|
The Pharmacy Coordinator provides leadership to Fond du Lac pharmacy teams. He/she manages resources to ensure that pharmacy staff provides safe, cost-effective medication dispensing practices and direct patient care services. The Pharmacy Coordinator provides oversight to clinical services, pharmacy billing practices, technical initiatives, outreach, and policy development for Fond du Lac Pharmacies. He/she works to create uniform workflow practices among all Fond du Lac pharmacy locations in guidance by tribal officials and State/Federal law. The Pharmacy Coordinator works to ensure that all pharmacy initiatives promote health, wellness, and disease prevention for Fond du Lac communities.
- Refer to all responsibilities in the Clinical Pharmacist job description.
- Refer to all responsibilities in the Pharmacist/Pharmacist in Charge job description.
- Adhere to Fond du Lac Human Services Division Policies and Procedures.
- Provide supervision to staff in the department and other staff if located off-site, when necessary this includes completing their annual appraisals, approving leave time, monitoring their work product, ensuring proper coverage of duties when they are on leave, training for their duties, and any disciplinary action necessary.
- Ensure that pharmacy services comply with State/Federal law, Accreditation Standards, and Indian Health Service Standards of Pharmacy Practice.
- Establish and update pharmacy policies and procedures to ensure the safe, legal, and effective management of pharmacy personnel and drug distribution systems.
- Ensure that a Pharmacist In Charge is designated for each pharmacy location with the Minnesota (MN) Board of Pharmacy.
- Act as the temporary Pharmacist In Charge for any Fond du Lac pharmacy location as needed.
- Manage wholesaler contracting (340B or Federal Supply) and ensure that daily operational procedures simplify cost-effective procurement of pharmaceutical products.
- Ensure all pharmacies are licensed and/or accredited pharmacy service providers with the MN Board of Pharmacy, Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA), National Council Prescription Drug Programs (NCPDP), National Provider Identifier (NPI), and State Medicaid.
- Coordinate all variables to ensure that third-party billing is operating in streamlined fashion.
- Provide leadership to pharmacy billing personnel to ensure that focused efforts are made to bill third-parties for all medications dispensed, and all clinical services provided.
- Evaluate pharmacy technology needs, make recommendations for change, and implement system changes.
- Provide leadership to initiate and complete yearly Continuous Quality Improvement projects.
- Efficiently manage relationships with key business partners.
- Provide direct patient care.
- Coordinate pharmacy services with other Fond du Lac Human Services departments.
- Promote a team-based approach to health care.
- Promote a teaching/learning environment within Fond du Lac Pharmacies.
- Coordinate pharmacy services with “outside” medical providers and pharmacies.
- Submit pharmacy reports to the Reservation Business Committee.
- Maintain standards for pharmacy security to ensure the safe-guarding of controlled substances and pharmaceutical products.
- Manage pharmacy budgets to ensure cost-effective use of Fond du Lac band resources.
- Provide reports and transparency with all accounting practices, including purchasing, billing, and accounts receivable.
- Compile and evaluate pharmacy statistical information as needed to evaluate patient care and pharmacy business practices.
- Coordinate meetings and agendas for the Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee.
- Manage drug formulary in a cost-efficient manner.
- Conduct Drug Utilization Reviews.
- Lead pharmacy team meetings and initiatives.
- Ensure that Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) privacy standards are met.
- Ensure that trainings required by law and accreditation are completed by all staff.
- Manage strategic efforts to ensure that pharmacy staff to engage in community outreach events.
- Organize pharmacy training events to promote team development.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry approximately 40 pounds is required.
- Prolonged standing and walking are required.
- Bending, stooping, climbing, pushing, pulling are required.
- Registered Pharmacist with Minnesota License is required.
- Pharm.D. or R.Ph. with 5 years of pharmacy experience required.
- One-year supervisory experience in clinic health care setting is required.
- Pharmacy business management experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720