|Title:||K-12 Physical Education Instructor, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Ojibwe School|
|Closing Date:||Open Until Filled|
- Teaches course in Physical Education and Health to secondary students as specified by state law utilizing course of study adopted by the school board and appropriate curriculum publications as guidelines in teaching individual course content.
- Instructs student in basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
- Adapts Physical Education materials and methods to develop relevant sequential assignments that guide and challenge students.
- Selects and requisitions books and instructional aids appropriate to the interests and maturity levels of students; maintains required inventory records.
- Adapts the curriculum to provide individual, small group, or remedial instruction to meet the needs of the individual student.
- Assumes responsibility for supervision of gym, athletic fields, locker rooms and storage areas when classes are in session.
- Encourages students to think independently and express original ideas.
- Evaluates each student’s growth in physical skills, knowledge and contribution in team sports.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive environment in the physical education areas.
- Communicates in appropriate manner with parents and school counselor on students progress and maintain accurate records.
- Maintains accurate daily records and student performance, attendance, and periodic grading.
- Supervises students in out-of-classroom activities as assigned.
- Participates in curriculum and other developmental programs.
- Participates in faculty committee and the sponsorship of student activities.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the school and/or self-selected professional growth activities.
- Actively advocate and demonstrate appropriate adult child interactions.
- Maintain a professional relationship with all staff and community members.
- Maintains professional standards toward creating confidential relationships with all program participants and staff.
- Participates in all education programs including local and regional in-service training, advisory committee, and community education meetings, and staff meetings as directed.
- Routine classroom cleaning/maintenance to ensure a safe, clean and secure learning environment for all students.
- Provides Building Principal with weekly lesson plans, which incorporate the state or school standards.
- Develop a course syllabus for each high school Physical Education and Health class.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in solving all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area. Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Recognizes that employees have certain personal responsibilities which affect the operational efficiency of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa.
- Required to maintain proper attendance and reports to work on time in accordance with Reservation Business Committee policy.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of every person including visitors and co-workers.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management sees the necessity. Some assignments may not be listed on this description.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Appropriate Minnesota certification – physical education and health or such alternatives as the board may find appropriate and acceptable is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish work priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Ability to provide prompt resolution of problems and conflicts as they may occur is required.
- Subject to pre-employment annual background checks, and annual reference checks.
- Subject to testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Employee Drug and Alcohol Policy.
- Some travel may be required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720