|Title:||Information Technology (IT) Trainer, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Tribal Center|
|Supervisor:||Director of IT|
|Closing Date:||March 27, 2023|
|Rate of Pay:||DOQ|
Develops curriculum and materials and conducts training programs using knowledge of principles, practices, and techniques of adult education, and expertise with computer software in order to train FDL employees on basic computer concepts, systems, and applications supported by the IT Division.
- Discusses and evaluates training needs with the employees, supervisors, and division directors, using knowledge of computer training resources.
- Determines educational/training needs of employees, and formulates learning objectives, designs education materials and evaluates the effectives of the training. Performs and conducts on-site, web based, group, or individual training.
- Learns new software and hardware, and teaches equipment and programs to non-technical individuals.
- Evaluates and determines effective and alternate ways to deliver training.
- Reviews FDL-sponsored technology training programs, maintains training records using a data base to provide periodic written reports using knowledge of evaluation processes and the ability to write technical reports, in order to develop, implement, and continually improve a quality and needs drive technology training program.
- Promotes enrollment in FDL-sponsored technology training programs, developers program catalogs, training calendar, and responds to questions, utilizing presentation, interpersonal, and customer services skills, in order to promote the FDL-sponsored classes.
- Schedules and maintains the FDL technology training resources and computer equipment using knowledge of operating systems and applications software, in order to ensure that the facility is used effectively and that equipment is ready for use.
- Works with all divisions to develop trainers within the division to facilitate an environment of training peers. Designs Curriculum materials, sets core standards and stages of competency using knowledge of Microsoft applications other applicable software applications in order to coordinate the development of training programs for Fond du Lac’s divisions.
- Creates and distributes the IT newsletter to FDL staff.
- Must learn, understand, and teach FDL’s computer use policies and cyber security policies.
- Develop and manage the budget for internal IT training.
- Travels to multiple worksites for scheduled training or upon request.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings and/or meetings.
- Ensures confidentiality for financial records and for all records for employees and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Associates degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other closely related field; three years’ experience as a technical trainer, training specialist, or other closely related field; or a combination of education and experience is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Familiarity with web-based learning platforms and cyber security best practices is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, databases and/or data entry, spreadsheets, and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- The ability to obtain a gaming identification badge to work in and around Casino property and facilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
- Travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720