|Custodian, Full Time
|FDL Head Start
|Health and Nutrition Program Manager
|Rate of Pay:
|$15.00 - $18.61 per hour
This position is responsible for all housekeeping required within an assigned area to insure clean, safe, healthful conditions in all spaces of the assigned area at all times. This position is also required to assist in safety, security and operation of the Fond du Lac Head Start Programs.
- Keep building and premises, including sidewalks, driveways, and play areas neat and clean at all times.
- Checks daily to ensure that all exit doors are open and all panic bolts are working properly during the hours of building occupancy.
- Cleans children’s bathroom daily, sweeping, mopping, sanitizing, etc.
- Cleans corridors and office area after school each day, and during the day when their condition requires it.
- Scrubs, damp mops, and disinfect toilets and floors daily, and clean all sanitary fixtures and drinking fountains daily.
- Washes all windows on both the inside and outside at least twice each year, and more frequently as necessary.
- Keeps all floors in a clean and attractive condition and in a good state of preservation.
- Performs daily cleaning tasks in assigned work area as follows:
- Clean all hard floors daily.
- Clean and maintain all carpet daily.
- Remove all trash daily.
- Clean all walls, doors, and door casing daily or as needed.
- Clean all desks and furniture daily or as needed.
- Clean and disinfect all drinking fountains and sinks daily.
- Clean and disinfect all washroom facilities daily.
- Clean and fill all dispensers daily.
- Clean all miscellaneous items in washrooms such as partitions, mirrors, shelves, etc. daily.
- Dust all ledges and window blinds daily or as needed.
- Clean custodial closets daily or as needed.
- Stock all custodial closets daily or as needed.
- Clean and maintain all equipment needed for cleaning daily or as needed.
- Report needed repairs daily or as needed.
- Report all problems to supervisor daily or as needed.
- Perform “deep cleaning” tasks in assigned area as routine work schedule allows:
- Strip, scrub and refinish all hard floors as needed.
- Shampoo, extract and maintain carpets as needed.
- Clean all walls, doors casing top and bottom as needed.
- Clean all light fixtures as needed.
- Move furniture and equipment to clean underneath as needed.
- Clean upholstered furniture as needed.
- Clean all windows from inside and outside of entryway and office windows daily or as needed.
- Clean and disinfect all lockers and shower areas daily or as needed.
- Clean all entryway carpet runners as needed.
- Do necessary cleaning in miscellaneous areas such as storage areas, stairways as needed.
- Moves furniture or equipment with the building as required for various activities as directed by the Division Director.
- Complies with local laws and procedures for the storage and disposal of trash, rubbish, waste, flammable and other dangerous materials in accordance with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration regulations.
- Assist with self-assessment of the “Environmental Health Standards”.
- Is responsible for development and implementation of the Head Start Performance Standards relating to facilities, materials, and equipment.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department meetings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Ability to pass bi-annual physical examination.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing and pulling are required. Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required.
- Manual dexterity is required.
- Thorough knowledge of cleaning materials and equipment is required.
- Ability to operate floor care equipment is required.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions is required.
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance requirements for a wide variety of equipment and systems is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
- Some travel may be required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720