|Title:||Graphic Designer/Social Media Specialist, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Tribal Center|
|Closing Date:||June 9, 2023|
|Rate of Pay:||DOQ|
The Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager will utilize knowledge, experience and creativity to create effective advertising and marketing collateral as necessary.
- Set creative job order priorities, shift hours and multitasking as needed. Work under established time constraints, design requirements and deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Learn, develop and implement advanced design skills, while maintaining a broad knowledge of current design and production techniques that can be utilized that allows them to manage design projects from the concept step through actual production.
- Function as the primary point of contact for creative services at Fond du Lac to manage the creative advertising functions for the various operational areas. Coordinate with affiliated outside agencies, vendors, consultants to coordinate marketing efforts for FDL. Assist in providing strategic marketing plans.
- Oversees Fond du Lac’s interactions with the public through implementing content strategies on social media platforms.
- Analyze engagement data, identifying trends in follower’s interactions and planning digital campaigns to build community online.
- Update and maintain accurate and timely website information.
- Develop and improve pamphlets, brochures, flyers and event postings as needed.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees and/or clients.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art, Graphic Design or related field: five (5) years of previous directly related experience in the advertising and graphic design fields; or a combination of education and experience is required.
- Experience in creating professional level creations, designs and original works is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, databases and/or data entry, spreadsheets and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Must possess an expert user level of knowledge on Macintosh and Windows computer platforms, including the following applications: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and QuarkXPress.
- Must be willing and able to work nights, weekends, and additional hours as required.
- Knowledge of Native American communities, culture, customs, and beliefs is required.
- Demonstrated experience working with Native Americans clients, communities and is able to demonstrate cultural sensitivity is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
- Some travel may be required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720