|Title:||Grant Specialist, Full Time|
|Location:||MNAW Human Services Center|
|Supervisor:||Administrative Services Coordinator|
|Closing Date:||September 24, 2018|
The Grant Specialist will assist with grant applications, reports, budgets, and manage expenditures for all Human Services Division grants. The main functionalities are to assist with managing the grant processes, requirements and financials.
- Seek out grants to apply for that will benefit Human Services Division (HSD) programs.
- Prepare and manage an expenditure system to track all grant expenditures.
- Assist Coordinators with verifying that purchases are approved expenditures within the grant guidelines.
- Work closely with Program Accounting staff, HSD Coordinators and Grant Managers.
- Assist with the finance policy and procedure.
- Prepare financial reports and distribute to HSD Director(s) and/or other staff as requested.
- Prepare billing statements for grants and other miscellaneous items as needed.
- Assist with other report preparation as requested.
- Assist with grant and contract routing as necessary.
- Meet with Coordinators on a regular basis to review grant financials.
- Assist with grant budget preparation and renewals.
- Manage a calendar of all grant reporting, renewals, and submission deadlines.
- Attend Human Services Division staff meetings.
- Attend CQI meetings and help with Administrative CQI efforts.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Experience with financial software is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Some travel may be required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720